Hotel Galvez vs Harbor House

cruiseSEA52

Depending on time of year, both of those hotels require a 2 night minimum. We have stayed at both and prefer Hotel Galvez hands down. It's beautiful and unique and you are on the Seawall - lots to do. That being said, because it's historic the rooms are quite small. Harbor House will have larger rooms that will accommodate 4 people much better. Either one is a great choice.

• 3 weeks later...

The rooms at the Galvez are all different sizes. We received the gift of a weekend at the Galvez and the room was so small and uncomfortable that we left after only staying one night. Harbor House rooms are larger, but we just did not care for the hotel. We prefer the Hilton, San Luis or Moody Gardens. The San Luis and Moody Gardens rooms seem quite large and the Hilton rooms are standard size and work well for a family of 4.

I was able to book the galvez for 1 night for our upcoming cruise on the 18th of Nov, we have never stayed there . I would have chosen the san Louis but the pool area is being worked on according to their website, we are big pool fans. I have stayed at Hilton it was okay not impressed for this Hilton for the price but it was right on the water. Good luck I no how hard this decision is your thinking of everyones wants and needs. I booked the Hotel galvez through their website and paid in advance. Janet Rae

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez last year and are returning again. Don't remember the room being small - all hotel rooms look huge to me after cruising!

The staff was wonderful - had umbrellas at the ready if we wanted to go for a walk in the rain and bikes for riding around. The pool and hot tub were great. And we loved the spa as well - both my husband and me had treatments there. They do a great job and it's cheaper than cruise ships fees. Plus you are just across the road from the beach. I'm as excited going back to this hotel as I am for being on the cruise!