Heathrow to Southampton Transfer

Will be arriving at Heathrow on 18 August and looking for recommendations for a private transfer for 2 adults from Heathrow airport to Southampton. Anyone have a company or service you can recommend?

Also looking for return private transportation from Southampton to Central London on 1 September. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Blackberry and Smiths For Airports... great service. Get pricing quotes from both....you certainly can't go wrong with either.

Smith’s was prompt and friendly. However we were assured at booking that he would accept a credit card. At Southampton he would only take cash. A disappointment early on in our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on your sailing as well. We have booked Smiths for Airports for both directions. It will be 98Pounds for a dock pick up or at the Holiday Inn for 75Pounds. We will walking to the terminal before and after the cruise...we will need the walk especially after 23 days of eating...and drinking! We have been assured that a credit card can be used for both directions. They have been very good with communication. See you soon!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll take a look and get something booked - especially now that the sailing is just 12 days away! I need to get on the ball.

TinyG, nice to know you'll be on board! This will be our first time visiting Ireland and Iceland, and we're looking forward to a break from the Atlanta heat. :-)

Perhaps we'll bump into you onboard. We typically have a cocktail before dinner at the Martini Bar. If you see two guys who look like brothers (we get that all the time, for some reason), then that's most likely us. Feel free to say hello!

Paul

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll take a look and get something booked - especially now that the sailing is just 12 days away! I need to get on the ball.

TinyG, nice to know you'll be on board! This will be our first time visiting Ireland and Iceland, and we're looking forward to a break from the Atlanta heat. :-)

Perhaps we'll bump into you onboard. We typically have a cocktail before dinner at the Martini Bar. If you see two guys who look like brothers (we get that all the time, for some reason), then that's most likely us. Feel free to say hello!

Paul

Hello Paul, we look forward to seeing you....at the Martini bar! We have tried once before to go to Iceland, but we missed that due to icebergs off of St Johns...which we also missed in 2015! We did get to go to Stavanger instead, which we loved. We are also on the next cruise B2B. Our first time to Ireland as well! Diane

Hello Paul, we look forward to seeing you....at the Martini bar! We have tried once before to go to Iceland, but we missed that due to icebergs off of St Johns...which we also missed in 2015! We did get to go to Stavanger instead, which we loved. We are also on the next cruise B2B. Our first time to Ireland as well! Diane

How nice to do a back to back! It's all I can do to be away from work for 2 weeks. Make me jealous by telling me about the next leg of the journey? This will be cruise number 6 for us on Celebrity (and we already have #7 booked on the Edge in December). But we've probably been on 25 or so cruises at this point. It's not the ONLY way we vacation - but it's hard to argue with the convenience of it!

We'll certainly hope to meet you on board.

Paul

How nice to do a back to back! It's all I can do to be away from work for 2 weeks. Make me jealous by telling me about the next leg of the journey? This will be cruise number 6 for us on Celebrity (and we already have #7 booked on the Edge in December). But we've probably been on 25 or so cruises at this point. It's not the ONLY way we vacation - but it's hard to argue with the convenience of it!

We'll certainly hope to meet you on board.

Paul

We are heading back to Norway on the second cruise 8 days. Only have been to Stavanger before. I'll be at 41 & 42 so cruising works for us! :cool:

Wow! That’s an impressive number of cruises. And I definitely want to hear about Norway. We’ve done Antarctica, but not the Arctic, and I’m really eager to see polar bears (while we still can outside of a zoo!). I do hope we’ll meet on board. If I knew of a way to send PM’s on here, I’d do that instead of posting this for everyone. If anyone does know how, please let me know! Otherwise, TinyG, we’ll see you onboard Saturday.

Wow! That’s an impressive number of cruises. And I definitely want to hear about Norway. We’ve done Antarctica, but not the Arctic, and I’m really eager to see polar bears (while we still can outside of a zoo!). I do hope we’ll meet on board. If I knew of a way to send PM’s on here, I’d do that instead of posting this for everyone. If anyone does know how, please let me know! Otherwise, TinyG, we’ll see you onboard Saturday.

there is no PM feature here

• 1 month later...
This will be our first time visiting Ireland and Iceland, and we're looking forward to a break from the Atlanta heat. :-)

Paul

I hope you enjoyed your cruise. We are just starting to look at an Iceland and Norway cruise for next year.

It will be 98Pounds for a dock pick up or at the Holiday Inn for 75Pounds.

Are you sure about that?

HI is right by the dock gate, that difference works out at about £1 for every 10 yards between HI & dock. :confused:

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 3:01 PM, TinyG said:

We are on your sailing as well. We have booked Smiths for Airports for both directions. It will be 98Pounds for a dock pick up or at the Holiday Inn for 75Pounds. We will walking to the terminal before and after the cruise...we will need the walk especially after 23 days of eating...and drinking! We have been assured that a credit card can be used for both directions. They have been very good with communication. See you soon!

Is that 98 pounds per person?

Thanks

T

We've always taken the National Express bus to Southampton.  It's inexpensive (43 pounds per couple), right outside the terminal, buses have free wifi, and they stop near the harbor close to where the newer hotels are (taxis available if you don't want to walk).  Sometimes there are other pax from our cruise arriving at Heathrow about the same time so we have friends to ride the bus with.  The buses at least every hour, if not more frequently.

Edited by BarbinMich