Guest speakers

LEESRE

Is it my imagination? but Cunard seem to have delayed in announcing future lecturers. The list only goes to November!

It would appear that Cunard have not been updating the lists of insight guest lecturers on their web site as often as they have in the past. The previous speaker list for QV only showed speakers through February 21, 2018 well after that date had come and gone. The previous speaker list for QE only showed speakers through April 4, 2018 as late as at least March. The first I noticed the current speaker lists posted on the Cunard web site was early April. Earlier versions of Cunard's 2018 speaker list documents starting with January 2018 voyages could be found on a travel agent web site but not on the Cunard web site itself. It does make one wonder.

If you look for a specific cruise doesn't it show you the speakers?

Yes, that's usually the case. And there will be times when the voyage details are ahead of what has been posted in the pdf documents.

Just keep in mind normally only voyage numbers without a letter suffix will have speakers listed (same as in the pdf documents themselves). For example, speakers are listed for the 9-day eastbound crossing to Hamburg, Aug 3-12 (voyage M829) but not for the 7-day eastbound crossing to Southampton, August 3-10 (voyage M829A).

If a voyage is sold out, I don't believe there is any way to view the voyage details on the Cunard web site anymore. In that case the pdf documents may be the only source of information about the speakers for that voyage.

There are often some differences between what is listed in the details for specific voyages compared to the pdf documents. And there are often changes and additions to the speakers once on board. So do keep that in mind when attempting to determine who the speakers will be for any particular voyage.

Edited by bluemarble

... Earlier versions of Cunard's 2018 speaker list documents starting with January 2018 voyages could be found on a travel agent web site but not on the Cunard web site itself. It does make one wonder.

Along those same lines, here are links to updated Insight Guest Lecturers lists which Cunard have made available to travel agents but have not yet posted on their main customer-facing web site.

These documents for QM2 and QV include speakers for voyages through the end of December which are not yet shown in the details for those voyage on the main Cunard web site.

No additonal dates are included in this QE document, but there are a few changes compared to the QE document posted on the main Cunard web site.

Queen Elizabeth 2018 Insight Guest Lecturers

Queen Mary 2 2018 Insight Guest Lecturers

Queen Victoria 2018 Insight Guest Lecturers

There appears to be a glitch in the latest 2018 speakers lists that I posted above. All four of the speakers shown for QV voyage V835 (24-night Caribbean Highlights, Nov 19-Dec 13) are also included (mistakenly, I suspect) in the list of speakers for the following QV voyage V836 (10-night Canary Islands, Dec 13-23).

Now of course that's always possible although it does seem unlikely. The clincher is that Bill Miller is one of the speakers listed for both of those QV voyages, while at the same time he is also listed as a speaker on QM2 voyage M847 (Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, Dec 15-22). Bill Miller is undoubtedly a very energetic speaker with an active schedule as a cruise lecturer on a variety of cruise lines, but I don't think even he can manage to be on both QV and QM2 at the same time!

We are on the QV Caribbean voyage, and my initial thoughts to the post of bluemarble was “oh no!”. Bill Miller may be a good speaker, but he is beginning to be a little overcooked on Cunard.

I am sure there must be more than 4 lecturers on this cruise because of the number of sea days, so let’s hope Cunard are keeping a star turn as a surprise! Henry “Blowers” Blofeld would be just fine!

I'm on the Nov.25th QM2 Caribbean cruise. The list of speakers on the Cunard site only goes to Nov.25th. Does anyone know who the speakers are on my cruise? Thank you in advance if you post that info.

I'm on the Nov.25th QM2 Caribbean cruise. The list of speakers on the Cunard site only goes to Nov.25th. Does anyone know who the speakers are on my cruise? Thank you in advance if you post that info.

From the document for QM2 that I mentioned in post #7 above:

Voyage M845: November 25 - December 8

Tina Brown - Editor Vanity Fair/The New Yorker

Peter James - Best Selling Author

Rick Reynolds - Aviation

Keith Muras - Espionage

John Burton - Caribbean History

Dianne Simpson - Personality Profiler

Dennis Molnar - Military History