Eats in Houston?

miss tea

Flying in Houston the day before cruise. Looking for a good place to eat with Texas flare. We like meat, like a good steak. I also like fresh seafood. Any ideas. We are staying by Hobby airport and we will need to take a taxi.

Flying in Houston the day before cruise. Looking for a good place to eat with Texas flare. We like meat, like a good steak. I also like fresh seafood. Any ideas. We are staying by Hobby airport and we will need to take a taxi.

Hobby isn't in the best neighborhood (understatement) and anything around there will be a chain, at best. Give me an idea of your budget.

I dined at a great restaurant in a suburb of Houston about 10 years ago .I am not sure if it is still open but if it is I highly recommend Claudio's.

I dined at a great restaurant in a suburb of Houston about 10 years ago .I am not sure if it is still open but if it is I highly recommend Claudio's.

Do you know which suburb? The Houston area is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Need a clue before I can determine if its still there. :cool:

One of our favorite restaurants not too far from Hobby is Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen (seafood and pretty decent Cajun food overall). There's lots of good barbecue, including Pappas.

If you want a 20-minute drive, there's Killen's Steakhouse (requires reservations) and Killen's Barbecue in Pearland. (Ronnie Killen was asked to be the White House chef under George W. Bush and turned it down).

One of the previous posters is correct that most restaurants around Hobby are chains. Are you wanting to stay close to Hobby because you are returning to the airport on the day of your cruise for shuttle purposes? If not, you could uber to Pearland and enjoy the restaurants previously mentioned such as Killen's or Gringos. Pearland's lodging are chains such as Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn etc. If you are going to uber to the port you may want to go farther south and stay in the Webster/Nasa area. There you would have a wealth of restaurants to consider. Perry's Steak House near Baybrook Mall comes to mind. That would put you only one exit away from I45 current bottleneck which is Nasa exit through the League City exits. Once you get through that area you should have a smooth trip to Galveston Island.