Souvineers at castaway cay

cruisin1982

Does the cruise line offer the same service as they do at the Disney Theme Parks, where if you buy something they’ll deliver it to your room. If not are there lockers available to rent and what is the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the cruise line offer the same service as they do at the Disney Theme Parks, where if you buy something they’ll deliver it to your room. If not are there lockers available to rent and what is the cost?

No, they don't deliver to your room. No lockers for rent.

Well that stinks if we want to buy something will have to wait until we are ready to get back on the ship. I don’t want to be carrying it around all day. I’m worried it will be stolen while we are enjoying the water

• 3 weeks later...
Unless it is a new service' date=' they do not deliver items to the ship. There are no lockers available.

Many items are available both on the island and in the ship's shops, but there are also special items available only on the island.[/quote']

....and you couldn´t have been to castaway cays for many, many years....

I was there in may three years ago, last year, and last month, and when you buy anything from the shops there they will take it back the ship for you.

On the Magic last month, the cruise before the TA back to Europe again, I had to pick up my bags in the small shop in the front on deck 3.

Most of the souvenirs on the island could NOT be found on board the ship.

Even the special pins were different!

You are right that my last 3 DCL cruises did not visit Castaway Cay (no "s"). And also right that there has always been merchandise on the island that is not available anywhere else.

Frankly, after almost 20 years of cruising with DCL, the Caribbean and Bahamian cruises have become a "been there, done that." There has to be something very special to tempt me with that sort of cruise. We are much more interested in longer cruises, new itineraries, and that "something new and different" factor.

Sounds like they realized that delivery to the ship is a great service and enables them to sell more.