Sashimi or Sushi on the Grand Princess?

boltnut55

It's middle of the road sushi. California rolls and the like. No sashimi that I have seen.

Vines is a bit better perhaps but still not what you will find at a restaurant in the States.

Unfortunately, there is no sushi or any other type of tapas offered in Vines on Grand. At least not the last time we sailed her. They told us that, since Vines is right next door to Alfredo's and right across from IC they don't serve any food. You are welcome to bring your pizza from Alfredo's or your cheese plate (or whatever) from IC but they don't serve any tapas.

As others have mentioned, the sushi on the Grand is nothing you would willing pay for at a restaurant. What they provide at Vines is a nice snack while you are having some wine. I've seen what they have in Horizon a few times, but it's never been anything I really liked. I go out to Sushi at home often, and there are restaurants that are amazing, but expensive, others that are fairly prices, but just OK sushi/sashimi. To me, the ship sushi is sub par to the just OK places.

Vines on Grand does not serve food- the buffet does have sushi but nothing too exotic or fancy- think along the lines of grocery store or convenience store sushi- quality is similar- if you aren't super picky or just need something to tide over a craving it's fine, if you need high end sushi you might want to satisfy that craving on land!

• 2 weeks later...