Dreaded Dress Code Question

Stelladoro

We're a couple of Canucks, who will soon be flying to Sydney for a cruise on the Sea Princess.

With airline luggage restrictions, we plan to leave our formal wear at home.

How formal is the dress code on Australia designated ships? What's the chance of DH being allowed into the dining room if he doesn't wear a suit, but does wear slacks, dress shirt and tie?

Thanks

We may be on the same cruise. Sea Princess March 10? I was wondering if the Aussies were more casual. Note we are from US. I am so close to pulling my suit jacket and ties out of my bag. Had dress slacks and a crisp shirts for MDR. Main concern thou are the two formal nights. Dinner MDR is one thing but I feel like the two formal nights will still want to add at least a jacket. Would like more feedback from other Aussies. On second thought hell the two ties take up not space £#%¥£€%! Will check back later. Departure is getting close.

We may be on the same cruise. Sea Princess March 10? I was wondering if the Aussies were more casual. Note we are from US. I am so close to pulling my suit jacket and ties out of my bag. Had dress slacks and a crisp shirts for MDR. Main concern thou are the two formal nights. Dinner MDR is one thing but I feel like the two formal nights will still want to add at least a jacket. Would like more feedback from other Aussies. On second thought hell the two ties take up not space £#%¥£€%! Will check back later. Departure is getting close.

We're on the 28 day March 24 cruise, with only 4 formal nights. Seems silly to take DH's suit to "the other end of the world" for 4 nights! I'm sure we won't starve if barred from the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise!

PS Love the Aussie sense of humour!

Some will dress up but there will be plenty with just a shirt or shirt and tie (but don't forget the pants), so if you want to travel light then bring the ties only.

We're on the 28 day March 24 cruise, with only 4 formal nights. Seems silly to take DH's suit to "the other end of the world" for 4 nights! I'm sure we won't starve if barred from the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise!

PS Love the Aussie sense of humour!

To enhance and enrich your tour downunder you should also swot up on the following thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2362723

Pants shirt and tie no problem.

My estimate (not scientific just looking around)

about 10-15% Dinner suits [Tux]

70-80% Dark Suit

Balance pants and shirt, with or without the tie.

But as I say just a rough estimate looking around.

Less suits IMHO, Gut. No more than 60% total in suits or tuxes, the rest in shirts (usually long sleeved), sometimes a tie and/or sometimes a blazer.

You probably could pick up a cheap blazer at a fire sale, use it as a blanket on the flight to Australian then donate it to one of the many charity bins that exist everywhere.