Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

It's been awhile since I have been on this site and was just looking up to see if there was any pics ( a lady that cruised with her hub) and wore gorgeous gowns . Can not think of her name, but does she still post pics? I know

a lot would know who I mean.

Are you talking about Porthopper101 (Marie)? If so, she just posted on the Sticky recycling clothing among cc members (pt 2) thread above.

• 3 weeks later...
I've done a good bit of shopping damage while in Florida. Even had a new suitcase shipped home.

Once I'm finally in Indiana I'll start the sorting and trying on. Since the second TA is Carnivals new Horizon, I expect there to be a couple of dressier options than the first on Norwegian. I intend to have a packing cube just for carnival dress clothes and not even unpack it.

I'm sure I'll not get it all right, or be able to take as much as I want, but looking forward to the adventure! What I wear in NY for a few days after, will just have to come from cruise clothes!

I am excited to have found this. A helpful solution to hand washing things that can't be dryed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Sunnydaygirl,

We have been on quite a few Carnival cruises, Grand Son's

love all the water works stuff.

I'll be interested to hear how the new ship is. Carnival has

been cutting back on so many things, pretty soon we will have to bus our on tables.

One thing is good, you should be able to wash clothes if

the new ship is like the others.

Norwegian does not have a laundry, other than send it out

and pay.

Yes, I like planning my clothes also. However, I don't plan

for a certain day because who knows what the weather will be like.

I just take clothes for whatever excursion we plan to do,

something for night time, swim suit and just hanging around the ship on sea days.

We have been on 19 cruises so have sorta learned what

works for me.

Still always are excited and look forward to our next adventure[emoji41]

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

Hey Sunnydaygirl,

We have been on quite a few Carnival cruises, Grand Son's

love all the water works stuff.

I'll be interested to hear how the new ship is. Carnival has

been cutting back on so many things, pretty soon we will have to bus our on tables.

One thing is good, you should be able to wash clothes if

the new ship is like the others.

Norwegian does not have a laundry, other than send it out

and pay.

Yes, I like planning my clothes also. However, I don't plan

for a certain day because who knows what the weather will be like.

I just take clothes for whatever excursion we plan to do,

something for night time, swim suit and just hanging around the ship on sea days.

We have been on 19 cruises so have sorta learned what

works for me.

Still always are excited and look forward to our next adventure[emoji41]

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

I will definitely come tell you about it. If you search you'll probably start seeing pictures. Today first passengers loaded. I can't wait.

NCL changed their point system last year and unbeknownst to me I jumped up a level even tho it shows I really don't have enough points. Have my papers printed so they can't take it back. That means half price bag at least once when they run their$19.99 bag sale. Good thing. I don't want to be looking for a laundry in Barcelona. Our Havana room on Ccl is right down from a laundry. Packing some hangers. I never dry tops.

Our Havana room on Ccl is right down from a laundry. Packing some hangers. I never dry tops.

No need to pack hangers - you can get as many as you like from your room steward if you need more (I always need a LOT and do not want to waste precious ounces in my suitcase for this! LOL)

Does anyone have advice on how to pick out a nice swimsuit cover-up? I finally found a nice simple one piece black swimsuit that I really like and would like to find a nice classic cover-up to go with it.

No need to pack hangers - you can get as many as you like from your room steward if you need more (I always need a LOT and do not want to waste precious ounces in my suitcase for this! LOL)

I worried that Horizon would even have extra hangers yet. Mine are for line drying clothes, also for first leg on NCL Star. I am 3 lbs over tho. Think I'll just take out jeans.

I worried that Horizon would even have extra hangers yet. Mine are for line drying clothes, also for first leg on NCL Star. I am 3 lbs over tho. Think I'll just take out jeans.

Okay - let me know if you have any extra hangers - I might need them! LOLOL;p

Does anyone have advice on how to pick out a nice swimsuit cover-up? I finally found a nice simple one piece black swimsuit that I really like and would like to find a nice classic cover-up to go with it.

I either go to Ross or Marshall’s BUT this year I bought a few on Amazon. I had to return one because it was crazy big but I have Prime and it’s free. The cover up I bought from Ross last year was my favorite (Tunic) but my husband dried it when we got home and shrunk it😩

Okay - let me know if you have any extra hangers - I might need them! LOLOL;p

We can just do laundry on different days! Not sending my tops out to be washed!! My suitcase was 3 lbs over. Did not take hangers out. I'll put my jeans in backpack first!

We can just do laundry on different days! Not sending my tops out to be washed!! My suitcase was 3 lbs over. Did not take hangers out. I'll put my jeans in backpack first!

Good job! I send out some 'non important' stuff but good stuff never goes to ship's laundry!!! I am already stressing about my luggage weight - hope I can do as well as you! :)

Good job! I send out some 'non important' stuff but good stuff never goes to ship's laundry!!! I am already stressing about my luggage weight - hope I can do as well as you! :)

I took two pair of black Capri and 2 pair navy. These are cotton and very comfy. I have sleeves less tops short sleeve And long sleeved shirts

One fleece and a rain coat. May throw in light scary and glove. Out in the water at Halifax.

One pair of dress black pants a one black dress Jean. Shirts galore that will go with anything including two sweaters that pull them together for day of dinner. A few fancy tops and long black skirt. Just about everything inter matches. Lots of navy, blacks with pops of color.

Stayed simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you ladies have discovered these already, but I was in Chico's the other day FOR THE FIRST TIME (Yes, I never went there before can you believe it until a friend told me to go) and found a couple of really beautiful scarf-poncho top - are they called ruana scarves?

Anyway, they will transform my basic top I wear during the day into a pretty outfit for the evening, swapping out the shorts for pants or skirt.

I have always been a Macy's girl, but I think I found a new love in Chico's!!

I don't know if you ladies have discovered these already, but I was in Chico's the other day FOR THE FIRST TIME (Yes, I never went there before can you believe it until a friend told me to go) and found a couple of really beautiful scarf-poncho top - are they called ruana scarves?

Anyway, they will transform my basic top I wear during the day into a pretty outfit for the evening, swapping out the shorts for pants or skirt.

I have always been a Macy's girl, but I think I found a new love in Chico's!!

I think I have couple of these. You’re right about dressing up tops. And they take up very little room. Always a good thing!

• Like 1

Janie, 90% of my cruise clothes are from Chicos. They’re comfortable, easy to travel with & I love the bright colors. I did buy my husband a white sport coat in Macy’s today...Ralph Lauren, $55 instead of $325.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Janie, 90% of my cruise clothes are from Chicos. They’re comfortable, easy to travel with & I love the bright colors. I did buy my husband a white sport coat in Macy’s today...Ralph Lauren, $55 instead of $325.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s quite the find! You’ll have post pictures of him wearing!!

Gonzav. Best is to hang clothes immediately, if the wrinkles don’t immediately shake out then hang it in the bathroom while you take a hot shower, that normally works

Since you’ll wear your coverup over your suit to/from the pool, grabbing breakfast or lunch on the way, and for beach-oriented shore excursions, I’ve always opted for a longer (knee length) sundress or beach dress as a coverup. There are tons out there. I tend to do my swimsuit shopping on swimsuitsforall.com and they have some great coverups. This year Old Navy has a great little tank dress in stretchy fabric and a ton of colors for under $20 so I grabbed a couple of those for this year. I live in FL and use these all summer for trips to the pool and beach so I have probably 15 of them. They actually double as sleep dresses too if you’re trying to save room in your luggage.

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting wrinkles out after unpacking onboard?

When travelling on Royal Caribbean cruise ships, where there is no self service laundromat, I spray wrinkled clothes with Downy Wrinkle Release and hang in a steamy bathroom. (Travel size in Target...larger, cheaper but heavier similar product in Dollar Tree)