What must I eat on the Sirena?

honeymoon cruiser 614

How would you compare it to La Dame on Silversea?

As we don’t drink, we have never participated in any of these. The one exception was when we cruised with family members (6) and had one of the dinners at La Reserve. We loved the food and they enjoyed both the food and wine. My nephew is a trained chef and lives to enjoy food and wine in LA. He thought that this particular meal & wine pairing would rate an equivalent of a 2 * Michelin dinner on land - high praise coming from him.

BTW, during that cruise he managed to have meals at both Geranium & Noma while in Copenhagen.

FYI the Odyssey and Discovery menus are $112.10 pp and the Connoisseur menu is $194.70 pp. These prices reflect the 18% gratuity added to the listed price. But still a great opportunity in a wonderful setting.

Ok, I was trying to remember La Reserve and stand corrected its 112 to 195... However, if you have a liquor package they will reduce the price 20% if you let them know. It was a fun experience and the people are as good as the food and wine. Its a hobby of mine to try to hit as many Michelin ** and *** places in US Europe ( Pur, L Astrance(raited as 12th best in the world),Pic,Paul Bocuse, Aubrige du Ill, De Libre, Robuchon, Trigosos, Tallevent, Le Pyramide French Laundry Per Se, Le Bernadin and am still on the prowl

I respect Paulchilis relatives professional opinion as it is relative as a chef. but in comparing my experience to his I would say one * at most

However La reserve and indeed most all the food on O is of Michelin quality and well above what you can get in 98% of the US restaurants. In 10 cruises I have never been less than impressed. with any meal and the ingredient quality.... . If you have a problem with something, Its not the food...

I respect Paulchilis relatives professional opinion as it is relative as a chef. but in comparing my experience to his I would say one * at most

Well, not all Michelin stars are equal, IMO

Michelin awarded this restaurant one star:

https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/Hong_Kong-_-Tim_Ho_Wan_Sham_Shui_Po-314273-41102

I have eaten in several of their branches and despite the fact that Dim Sum is my absolutely favorite food in the world, if that restaurant is one star then the La Reserve dinner I had was 4 stars (even though there is no such rating) :D

I can think of at least 3 Dim Sum restaurants in San Francisco that deserve that one Michelin star more than Tim Ho Wan, IMO. But then again, what do I know? :)

Well, not all Michelin stars are equal, IMO

Michelin awarded this restaurant one star:

https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/Hong_Kong-_-Tim_Ho_Wan_Sham_Shui_Po-314273-41102

I have eaten in several of their branches and despite the fact that Dim Sum is my absolutely favorite food in the world, if that restaurant is one star then the La Reserve dinner I had was 4 stars (even though there is no such rating) :D

I can think of at least 3 Dim Sum restaurants in San Francisco that deserve that one Michelin star more than Tim Ho Wan, IMO. But then again, what do I know? :)

I am a fan of Dim Sum but seldom dine on it Been to Yank Sing once I would agree that not all cuisines that Michelin awards stars to are equal, with the exception of the French and French Fusion which they in France have an experience with... What menu did you have in La reserve? $200 is a bargain with Wine.... Many top places are charging $300+ for a 4 course and can run to 450 easily ( not golden corral

Dont forget the Michelin rating is a composite of service, decore, food altogether

Hey what you know is what you like and no one is sharper than you as to your tastes....

I believe it was the Connoisseur menu at $175(?) at the time.

I did not drink any wine but my nephew takes pictures of all wine labels he drinks as he likes to post and rate the wines on some wine related blog that he participates in. I believe that his mom told me later that one of the Champagnes(?) they served sold for around $500/bottle - not that I personally would know anything about that sort of thing. My evaluation of the meal was based on food only.

• 2 weeks later...
I am confused by this thread. I did not think there was an option like La Reserve or the Connoisseur menu on Sirena. Is there?

No, it was used as an example in post #20, and someone else corrected him on the price. It is only offered on Marina and Riviera.