East Coast Heat Wave, ho for cruisers from overseas.

Big heatwave on NSW East Coast. It would be hot for cruisers from overseas. Down here at Batemans Bay it is 38.6C. My puter is red hot. Thank goodness for a/c.:D

Edited by NSWP
correct title, shoud be hot not ho !!

Bit cooler today which will help the fire crews down the highway from me at Bega/Tathra, 70 homes gone, thoughts and prayers with all the folk down there.

I second that but to also the people of south west Victoria who have lost their homes, machinery, dairies, sheds, livestock and their livelihoods. I know this area well (I grew up down the highway at Warrnambool) and drove through about a month ago. We commented how dry it was, they've not had rain or at least decent falls for many weeks. The fires started in grasslands and ran very quickly with very strong winds during Saturday evening and through the night. Some of this area was burnt out during Ash Wednesday 35 years ago. I heard of one family who lost their home on Saturday, the wife's family lost their home on Ash Wednesday when she was 5 years old.

It makes me very sad to see what all those affected go through. My thoughts are with them all and to those affected by the floods in Queensland and Cyclone Marcus in Darwin.

Leigh

I second that but to also the people of south west Victoria who have lost their homes, machinery, dairies, sheds, livestock and their livelihoods. I know this area well (I grew up down the highway at Warrnambool) and drove through about a month ago. We commented how dry it was, they've not had rain or at least decent falls for many weeks. The fires started in grasslands and ran very quickly with very strong winds during Saturday evening and through the night. Some of this area was burnt out during Ash Wednesday 35 years ago. I heard of one family who lost their home on Saturday, the wife's family lost their home on Ash Wednesday when she was 5 years old.

It makes me very sad to see what all those affected go through. My thoughts are with them all and to those affected by the floods in Queensland and Cyclone Marcus in Darwin.

Leigh

Yes, as well, thoughts and prayers to all those impacted upon in Victoria fires and the floods/cyclones in NT & Qld.

Leigh

I live in this area and just went through this horrid event. Extremely scary and heartbreaking. So sad to see our little community shell shocked and so many others going through the same thing. We were lucky, but the impact is everywhere. My young son telling me many of his mates fathers had to shoot all their cows today bought me to tears. My thanks go to all the firefighters and emergency services who do an incredible job all over Australia. It’s very heartening to see the generosity of people and offers of help coming from all over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums