Crystal River Cruise

Stentplacer

If your talking about April 2018, it appears to be a little late to ask those type of questions since your already locked in, so it really doesn't matter. That being said, I feel confident, base on what I read, that it should be a wonderful cruise with great food and service. Enjoy the ship and please write a review when you return.

Crystal Debussy is brand new so no one can specifically comment on this river boat. I have done the Crystal Mozart twice (it was so good the first time).

My experience is that Crystal food and service is one of the best around. Food is way nicer than on Crystal ocean ships since chef only cooks for 140 passengers. Crystal service is normally excellent but given the Debussy is brand new, no one can comment of the mix of crew new to Crystal and crew who are used to providing a Crystal level service. The selection of complimentary wine is good. They have a white and red wine of the day but you can order any wine on any day. There is also a paid wine list which is excellent. You do not have to go here if you do not wish to. Just pop along to the bar one afternoon and do your own wine tasting (hey its free!) and decide on which wine you like. The bistro are normally manned by the sommelier in the afternoon so they can talk you through the wine and bring you a taste for you to decide.

You will have one of the best Entertainment Host on the Seven Seas with Mark Farris if you sail mid-April.

I love ocean cruising. After my first Uniworld cruise, I was never going to do a river cruise again. Crystal restored my faith in river cruising if you enjoy smaller ocean ships.

Edited by JohnKen3

• 4 weeks later...
Crystal Debussy is brand new so no one can specifically comment on this river boat. I have done the Crystal Mozart twice (it was so good the first time).

My experience is that Crystal food and service is one of the best around. Food is way nicer than on Crystal ocean ships since chef only cooks for 140 passengers. Crystal service is normally excellent but given the Debussy is brand new, no one can comment of the mix of crew new to Crystal and crew who are used to providing a Crystal level service. The selection of complimentary wine is good. They have a white and red wine of the day but you can order any wine on any day. There is also a paid wine list which is excellent. You do not have to go here if you do not wish to. Just pop along to the bar one afternoon and do your own wine tasting (hey its free!) and decide on which wine you like. The bistro are normally manned by the sommelier in the afternoon so they can talk you through the wine and bring you a taste for you to decide.

You will have one of the best Entertainment Host on the Seven Seas with Mark Farris if you sail mid-April.

I love ocean cruising. After my first Uniworld cruise, I was never going to do a river cruise again. Crystal restored my faith in river cruising if you enjoy smaller ocean ships.

Thanks for imput.... will write review in a week after Cruise is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will be on a Crystal Debussy mid April for Tulip Cruise. Has anyone tried a Crystal River Cruise. Have done Uniworld and AMS.

How do they compare on food, liquor and general overall experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Waiting also for answers, we just booked Rhine on the Debussy!!

Waiting also for answers, we just booked Rhine on the Debussy!!

When for?

The Entertainment Host on the Debussy)for May and June is Martin Kaye. I have seen him at other venues (he is British) and he is a great entertainer and very personable. The Entertainment Host organises all the activities (quizzes, disco, talks) on the boat, and mainly plays piano bar in the Cove in the evenings unless there is an local act performing. He publishes the daily newsletter so knows what is going on.

Also saw via various Facebook postings that the Chef Dirk is setting up the initial sailings on the Debussy. He is one of the best on the Crystal fleet. Expect to put on weight! The link below has Chef Dirk’s dinner creation when I was on the Crystal Mozart in December 2016.

https://johnken3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/dinner-on-board-crystal-mozart.html?m=0

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JohnKen3