Hop on Hop Off van in St Georges

knots4crewzing

Hi

We're interested in the Hop on Hop off van that takes your to the east end beaches

How does the van work? Lets say we want to stop at the Unfinished Church and walk around. Does the van wait for people or do you wait for the next on to come by.

Plus we'd like to head to Fort St Catherine's Beach then on to Achilles beach. Is it best to just walk or will a van come by to pick you up and where do you wait?

Has anyone been to the Beach House for lunch? I understand its near the Achilles Beach.

Thank you for your help

Liz:D

The HOHO van was not operating in St George's, at least in 2017; there has been no announcement that there would be one in 2018.

If you want to go so FSCB, you can walk to it in about 20-25 minutes from the SG ferry dock. As a bonus, you will walk by the unfinished Church.

Achilles Bay is less than a 5 minute walk from FSCB, and as you walk to AB, you pass by the Beach House.

There is construction going on across from FSCB.

I've had a drink (dark 'n' stormy) at the BH, but no food.

SBtS

The HOHO van was not operating in St George's, at least in 2017; there has been no announcement that there would be one in 2018.

If you want to go so FSCB, you can walk to it in about 20-25 minutes from the SG ferry dock. As a bonus, you will walk by the unfinished Church.

Achilles Bay is less than a 5 minute walk from FSCB, and as you walk to AB, you pass by the Beach House.

There is construction going on across from FSCB.

Thank you so much. but isnt it an uphill walk from the ferry? is it very far uphill? In the heat and humidity im not sure :confused: years ago maybe LOL

thanks again for your help

Liz:)

Thank you so much. but isnt it an uphill walk from the ferry? is it very far uphill? In the heat and humidity im not sure :confused: years ago maybe

If you are not able to walk then take a taxi to the Beach House. Achilles Bay Beach is a small beach down some stairs behind the Beach House.

Achilles Bay is less than a 5 minute walk from FSCB, and as you walk to AB, you pass by the Beach House.There is construction going on across from FSCB.

Thank you so much. but isnt it an uphill walk from the ferry? is it very far uphill? In the heat and humidity im not sure :confused: years ago maybe LOL

thanks again for your help

Liz:)

Yes it is an uphill walk and most likely more than 20 minutes - I am 66 years old and in relatively good shape - I walk almost daily and I wouldn't attempt it now - we did it years ago... last June when we were the we went into the information center in St. George and got a "shared van" ride to Tobacco Bay - this is the beach just before Achilles Bay. We just had someone at the concession stand call when we were ready to go back - I believe it was $10 round-trip for the two of us! You can ask them to take you a little further to Achilles - I am not sure there is anything at Ft St Catherine's anymore - when we were there last year they were still "rebuilding"... the old resort that was abandoned has been bought and sold several times and no company seems to be able to finish it and get it open again! AB is great for snorkeling but very small beach (especially at high tide) and as another poster said it is down a flight of stairs next to the beach house - also no "facilities" there that I remember