Help with Grand Bahamas (Freeport)

Giantfan13

We are cruising into Freeport on Feb 26. We are looking for what to do. We are not beach people. We have been here once and did a Segway tour and visited the marketplace. So now we are looking for something else to do. We saw that there are a couple of land tours to see the Island. Is this worthwhile and can some one recommend a tour company, or just suggest other options for this port.

Cheers

Len

I highly recommend the Freeport kayak and nature tour. The kayaking is a lot fun, and Feb weather will be PERFECT for it. After that there is a short nature walk and the guide will tell you about the local fauna. The tour ends on the beach where they provide lunch. I know you said you aren't beach people, but the beach portion is rather short (a half hour or so), and it's a nice and relaxing place to rest after eating. You can also use that time to walk through the park a bit, instead of staying on the beach (just make sure to get back before it's time to leave for the shuttle back!).

I highly recommend the Freeport kayak and nature tour. The kayaking is a lot fun' date=' and Feb weather will be PERFECT for it. After that there is a short nature walk and the guide will tell you about the local fauna. The tour ends on the beach where they provide lunch. I know you said you aren't beach people, but the beach portion is rather short (a half hour or so), and it's a nice and relaxing place to rest after eating. You can also use that time to walk through the park a bit, instead of staying on the beach (just make sure to get back before it's time to leave for the shuttle back!).[/quote']

Sounds interesting What company did you use? A link?

Cheers

Len

You can just hang out at the shops and bars right off the ship it's not huge but can keep you busy a few hrs also walk to the bar and rest at the point they feed the Sharks off the patio but don't go in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to the Marketplace already and got all the souvenirs I need. We were just looking for something a bit different. Thanks for the ideas though.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...
You can just hang out at the shops and bars right off the ship it's not huge but can keep you busy a few hrs also walk to the bar and rest at the point they feed the Sharks off the patio but don't go in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the details about the sharks?? Sounds interesting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are just back from our cruise, and got a taxi in Freeport, ($8 per person, each way) and took a 20 minute ride to Cleveland's Beach Club. This is not fancy by any means, kind of looks like a dive, but was on the beach (our kids had it all to themselves), the beer was cold, and food excellent. We sat on the deck, enjoyed our beers and conch fritters, while the kids played in the water on the beach, then called them up to eat, there is an outdoor shower for them to rinse off at, then we ate our meals, and after the kids danced on the deck to music Cleveland had playing, we got back in the taxi and headed back to the dock. It was low key, but a great relaxing time.

If you take a taxi to the beach, how do you get a taxi back? And do you trust that you will get a taxi back? I've always have been to worried to use a taxi service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since the taxi from port to Cleveland’s was about 20 minutes ride, the driver decided to join us for lunch. She sat at a nearby table and Cleveland sat and talked with her a bit, she laughed at our kids’ antics and recommended a local beer for us. Then took us back when we were ready to go.