SF to Hawaii

Skye Cairns

Nobody can predict that!! What is the stock market going to do next week? Next month? Mother Nature always votes last.

A little reading on the board would reveal the first 30-48 hours after leaving the West Coast, and the last 30-48 hours coming back can be rough. But, again, nobody can predict that, and nobody can predict it won't be.

We just spent 11 days on Maui earlier this month, whale watching. The seas were the roughest (but that doesn't mean outrageous, just worst than we've seen before) and we have been there almost 30 times now. Very windy and choppy.

If you have an issue with sea sickness, you need to be prepared every day you are on a ship. The ocean moves...and ships move with it.

It's a terrific cruise but as CruiserBruce mentioned you never can be sure what the seas will be like.

Our experience is that the first day to two days it can get rough and colder and possibly some rain.

However once in awhile it is calm and not very windy.

As you get closer to Hawaii it warms up and usually the seas get calm.

We prepare for the worst each time and hope for the best.

In other words, we book a room mid ship and we bring items to prevent sea sickness.

Keith

We did that cruise last Thanksgiving. While there was some good rollers the first sea day out of SF it wasn't too bad. Going from Kauai to Maui was kind of rough for some reason and the last day from Ensenada to SF, there were some rollers.

So while it wasn't exactly smooth sailing every day, it wasn't very bad. We're going again for x-mas.

Oh, sail away going under the Golden Gate is always a special event!:D

I am going in two weeks, I will report back how it was. I did a TA in 2015 and we had 23 ft waves and 98 mph winds. It was a roller coaster to say the least, but no where near as bad as the Nor'easter I experienced on my second cruise.