Outside cabin Marella Dream

More important than deck 5 or 6 is outside or outside-plus.

Before taken over by Thomson this was a Costa ship, and some cabins are as small as I've ever seen on a ship.

But Dream was stretched, with a new section in the middle. Those new cabins are much bigger & quoted as "outside-plus" - they're well worth the extra cost.

Jim mentioned "mid-ships".

Mebbe cos he was thinkin' "outside-plus", or mebbe because its more stable & more convenient.

Whatever Jim was thinkin', mid-ships cabins are outside-plus so they tick both boxes.

Deck 6 is sandwiched between cabins on the deck above & cabins on the deck below, so no noisy surprises.

That ticks a third box :)

JB :)

Before taken over by Thomson this was a Costa ship, and some cabins are as small as I've ever seen on a ship.

But Dream was stretched, with a new section in the middle. Those new cabins are much bigger & quoted as "outside-plus" - they're well worth the extra cost.

Mebbe cos he was thinkin' "outside-plus", or mebbe because its more stable & more convenient.

Whatever Jim was thinkin', mid-ships cabins are outside-plus so they tick both boxes.

Deck 6 is sandwiched between cabins on the deck above & cabins on the deck below, so no noisy surprises.

Spot on JB,deck 6 midship ticks all my boxes for the reasons you cited

Hey RR,how you getting on?

Miss you by a couple of weeks or so

Doing good thanks Jim, miss the old girl but life goes on now she's sailing to China for scrap as I type. done the Dream last year twice and Discovery 3 times. jumping ship in November to RCI Rhapsody of the seas. have you been keeping up with the Mein Schiff 2 saga?

Doing good thanks Jim, miss the old girl but life goes on now she's sailing to China for scrap as I type. done the Dream last year twice and Discovery 3 times. jumping ship in November to RCI Rhapsody of the seas. have you been keeping up with the Mein Schiff 2 saga?

Had a year or two out from cruising for land based hols so was off here for a while.Went on Discovery last year,nice ship but for us lacked something but hard to pinpoint what.It certainly didnt have the atmosphere and the friendliness of the likes of the Dream and the Maj to a lesser extent so that may well be that.Still enjoyed the Discovery though but were creatures of habit so back on the Dream in a few months time,if its the same as our numerous other cruises on her we,ll be happy.No matter,we,ll still enjoy our time.Presently no inclination to jump ship but never say never

Apart from wee snippets I read on here not really been keeping up any great detail with Mein Schiff 2 saga

Had a year or two out from cruising for land based hols so was off here for a while.Went on Discovery last year,nice ship but for us lacked something but hard to pinpoint what.It certainly didnt have the atmosphere and the friendliness of the likes of the Dream and the Maj to a lesser extent so that may well be that.Still enjoyed the Discovery though but were creatures of habit so back on the Dream in a few months time,if its the same as our numerous other cruises on her we,ll be happy.No matter,we,ll still enjoy our time.Presently no inclination to jump ship but never say never

Apart from wee snippets I read on here not really been keeping up any great detail with Mein Schiff 2 saga

I know what the Discovery lacks? nowhere to have a quiet chat like the Sports bar on the IE. I think thomson/tui/meralla have missed a trick there every where you go on an evening there is Music or some kind of show on.

As for Mein Schiff 2, the germans are now keeping here and us mortals will have to do with?? have a pleasant read Mr Jim and have a nice week end RR

Marella Cruises has revealed its Explorer 2 ship will be adult-only when it launches in May 2019.

The line also said it would become an all-inclusive fleet, offer 11 new itineraries and seven ports of call from next summer.

The decision to go all inclusive is expected to appeal to passengers who are new to cruise and younger, Marella said.

Marella Explorer 2 will enter the fleet as a result of the ending of a Chinese joint venture between Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd and Chinese travel firm Ctrip.

The vessel Golden Era earmarked for SkySea Cruise Line for the Chinese market will instead be bought by the Tui-owned UK line.

The ship will launch as Marella Explorer 2 in 2019 following extensive renovation.

Yeah the discovery lacks that as well as atmosphere and friendliness RR

Interesting read but that statement is confusing for the likes of me :D

Mein Schiff/ Tui/Marella/ :confused:

Jist of it is,were getting the Golden Era?Is that adult only and AI?

Thanx JB

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you recommend any cabin numbers

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gav,

We have been in 6111 twice,6109,6117 twice,6119...Unfortunately these cabins are unavailable for our next cruise so we are on the other side of lift/ stairwell in 6083.These are all outside plus cabins so larger than just outside

Gav,

We have been in 6111 twice,6109,6117 twice,6119...Unfortunately these cabins are unavailable for our next cruise so we are on the other side of lift/ stairwell in 6083.These are all outside plus cabins so larger than just outside

6083 in June, will keep that warm for you Mr Jim