Toast that is toasty

Number12

Yeah and I don't like the the butter is too soft. Like, it's whipped or something. Why can't they keep it in the refrigerator until they bring it to my table?

People use to complain that they should keep it out because it was always hard and tore the bread when you tried to spread it.

I have posted more than once that I would like to have toast that would melt butter. ;p

On many Fantasy class ships (I have sailed on all but 1, but I can't remember them all) they have toasters to toast your own toast. You can have it exactly as you like it, but those toasters are so damn slow. But at least you get it hot.

"I rarely have toast at any restaurant onshore for the same reason!"

As a restaurant owner this is just not true, especially my restaurant. The girls can not put the toast in the toaster until the eggs are ready. You always get hot, buttered toast.

As a restaurant owner this is just not true, especially my restaurant. The girls can not put the toast in the toaster until the eggs are ready. You always get hot, buttered toast.

" The girls? " I know the employment laws in Colorado are not lax.

Here's a news flash, butter does not need to be kept refrigerators. You can leave it out for 3 weeks, we do. As far as eggs, if you want real eggs go to the omelette station or the MDR. The eggs in the buffet are gross, probably powdered. Toast is a really tough one to get, at a restaurant the server can put in the toast as the eggs come up. The cruise ship does not have that luxury

Coevan, you really need to get a sense of humor. I only added the Hair Dryer tip as a joke, and though I personally have never tried it, I am sure someone will now that I suggested it. And I do know butter can stay out. I do it myself at my home.

OMG I'm dying :loudcry:

I welcome a light hearted thread every now and again. Some discussions get downright vicious. I like the hair dryer solution for room service toast. I am sure its not the cleanest tool in the shed but I have ingested worse things than what might fly on to my toast from a hair dryer. Maybe a tissue on top of said toast would provide as a filter.

I am now picturing a tissue bursting into flame with panic and hilarity (hopefully not disaster) ensuing all because of toast

I am glad a few got it as a joke. As some of the posts lately have gotten a little out of hand.

The girls? I’m not usually caught off guard but this one did it. I hope you’re not the type of employer I’m currently picturing....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love this thread!

This is just one of those enormous sacrifices that us cruisers face - luke warm toast! I can't stand it and have been forced to switch to a croissant for my morning breakfast, or heaven forbid at brunch in the afternoon a popover!

I am also enjoying this toasty thread!

My granny used to toast bread, threaded onto a metal coat hanger, over a coal stove! yes, indeed, and probably explains why my Dad likes his toast borderline burned LOL.

again, for me, who is quite different from most in my family, I rarely eat toast, sometimes I do, lightly toasted, but most often my breakfast carbs come in the form of a piece of baguette bread, or a slice of german rye bread (untoasted). some times don't even have bread, but take my carbs in the form of breakfast cereals.

I don't really need toast. but that just me, I understand though that some prefer their toast done more than what we generally get on cruise ships. Still though, I understand that they cannot do toast to please every palate.

I like bagels. But not toasted. With just a smidgen of cream cheese.

But the cream cheese has to be soft or at room temperature, not cabin temperature.

Cabin temperature can vary quite a bit, but room temperature is more consistant.

The girls? I’m not usually caught off guard but this one did it. I hope you’re not the type of employer I’m currently picturing....

Yes, the "girls" Colorado is a right to work state. There is a fancy steakhouse in my town that only employs waiters. I have had a few male servers, but mostly girls.

How can you eat eggs over medium without toast? What do you do with the yoke? :D:D

Wait a minute you do not hire boys to serve? Now that's down right discriminating. Just kidding of course. If you had all male servers these same posters ripping you for hiring female servers would be the same ones ripping you for not hiring female workers. I think I know who they voted for and lost.:halo::halo::halo:;)