Discounts onboard

KyOh

We are leaving in a week on our first VO cruise. We are interested in booking another trip for next year. Are discounts offered onboard while cruising that would make us wait to book? Are the discounts the same as we'd get as second-time cruisers anyway? Just want to get the best price I can.

We are leaving in a week on our first VO cruise. We are interested in booking another trip for next year. Are discounts offered onboard while cruising that would make us wait to book? Are the discounts the same as we'd get as second-time cruisers anyway? Just want to get the best price I can.

We did a Viking River cruise 2 years ago & resisted purchasing our ocean cruise at that time (didn't want to be forced in to it), although some discounts were offered.

When it came to booking the Viking Ocean cruise last year for Aug 2016, we received a $500 discount p/p (as a return customer) plus $au999 airfares p/p (ex Australia)

Edited by Fitzall

We were on a Viking cruise last year and I don't recall there being any onboard incentives for booking your next cruise. You do get a past passenger discount. We recently booked another Viking cruise and the past passenger discount is $200 per person. We also get 15% off from our travel agent.

The only way to know if you are getting a good price from Viking on board is to be able to compare it to something else. If there is a particular cruise you are interested in, talk to a couple of TAs before you go and see what they are offering.

I am not sure if they do this onboard Viking Ocean cruises, as we didn't inquire, but on their river cruises you can buy a voucher for $100 that gives you $200 worth of value to deduct from any future (not existing) cruises you may book with them.

When you're on your cruise perhaps you can ask for us if Ocean does those kind of vouchers?

My wife and I were on the Viking Star for the "Mediterranean Odyssey" this past April. There is a Viking representative on board to book future cruises. We booked "Into the Midnight Sun" for next summer. We received a $200 discount per person as a "Past Guest Level 1 Discount" and an additional $200 per person for doing the booking while on the cruise, which shows on the statement as a "Management Adjustment."

My wife and I were on the Viking Star for the "Mediterranean Odyssey" this past April. There is a Viking representative on board to book future cruises. We booked "Into the Midnight Sun" for next summer. We received a $200 discount per person as a "Past Guest Level 1 Discount" and an additional $200 per person for doing the booking while on the cruise, which shows on the statement as a "Management Adjustment."

Excellent! I like the sound of this.

We are on the Viking Sea now, disembarking tomorrow. [emoji22] Viking is offering a $500 per person discount for booking another cruise while onboard. The staff person in charge of booking has been very busy. We'll be on the Rhine in December 2017. [emoji2]

We are on the Viking Sea now, disembarking tomorrow. [emoji22] Viking is offering a $500 per person discount for booking another cruise while onboard. The staff person in charge of booking has been very busy. We'll be on the Rhine in December 2017. [emoji2]

If you're going to be on the Rhine, that means you've booked a Viking river cruise while on an Ocean cruise. I was wondering about that! We're on another river cruise next month but I've had a hankering to get back on Ocean. We may enquire while on board about what they can offer. Thanks!

We were on a Viking cruise last year and I don't recall there being any onboard incentives for booking your next cruise. You do get a past passenger discount. We recently booked another Viking cruise and the past passenger discount is $200 per person. We also get 15% off from our travel agent.

Carol from California....could you please share the travel agency name with us. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

****** Disregard my request Carol. I didnt know CC doesnt allow the exchange of travel agency info. Thank you anyhow. I found the following on another roll call "CC will also scold you for offering to give TA information privately. "******

Edited by Travelingwithstyle

What happens if you've already booked another cruise? If the deal is better than the normal $200 per person discount for former cruisers, will I be able to get Viking to adjust my bill for the upcoming trip? Has anybody tried that yet? We've already booked a repositioning cruise for this winter and I'd love to get a little more off the price!

• 1 year later...
What happens if you've already booked another cruise? If the deal is better than the normal $200 per person discount for former cruisers, will I be able to get Viking to adjust my bill for the upcoming trip? Has anybody tried that yet? We've already booked a repositioning cruise for this winter and I'd love to get a little more off the price!

Can you tell me what happened with this? We're in the same position--going on an ocean cruise in May, already have another booked for next year.

Can you tell me what happened with this? We're in the same position--going on an ocean cruise in May, already have another booked for next year.

Current chatter in this forum seems to indicate that Viking will not adjust prices once you have booked.