Quickest upgrade offer?

Defender1791

What's the shortest amount of time anyone has had to wait before their first upgrade sales pitch?

I switched our family from an ocean-view cabin to a Cove balcony room on the breeze just five days ago. I got the upgrade offer this morning to upgrade to a regular balcony For $52. Which of course, I accepted! It would have cost me $140 more if I had booked a standard balcony to begin with.

By my calculations, that equals out to about 8 Bahama Mamas with tip saved for that upgrade...

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

Edited by Defender1791
Clarify

I got a call from the upgrade fairy with an offer to upgrade from a balcony to a suite in 2016 (we cruise every other year), this was after our 3rd cruise. I don’t remember how much more I would have had to pay, but it was not nearly as a good deal as your getting. I opted to stay put in the balcony, as we were sailing with family and friends and all were on the same deck with adjoining cabins; didn’t want to miss any fun! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked one of those long "L" shaped balconies with a long balcony on the Splendor for 04/28/18 in May of 2017

Received upgrade emails on:

10/05/17

11/30/17

1/31/18 (Today)

No way I'm giving up my current huge balcony though. That thing is huge 8446. These offers have been to higher up deck balconies or Spa Balconies but no Suite upgrade.

I booked one of those long "L" shaped balconies with a long balcony on the Splendor for 04/28/18 in May of 2017

Received upgrade emails on:

10/05/17

11/30/17

1/31/18 (Today)

No way I'm giving up my current huge balcony though. That thing is huge 8446. These offers have been to higher up deck balconies or Spa Balconies but no Suite upgrade.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've gotten two upgrade emails from Carnival in the last few months (one today) for our upcoming cruise. Both to upgrade from our 8B balcony to 8A for $24. An upgrade from deck 6 to deck 8, and the balconies/rooms appear to be the same when I look at the deckplans. Just an upgrade in decks. Eh, no thanks. But at least I got upgrade emails!

• 1 month later...

I have received upsell calls for each of the previous CCL cruises and they both came in about a couple of months before we sailed. One was for balcony to a suite and the other was a suite to penthouse. I love the extra space so I am open to another upsell if the price is right for our next cruise coming up in May. I have yet to receive upsell/upgrade calls for other cruise lines.

I received an upsell at $81 each going from cove Balcony to Spa Balcony deck 14 on the Horizon. I took it! One thing that I questioned was that the upsell cost was for each person, not per cabin. In the past I swear the upsells were per cabin. It was still a great deal for me either way, just wondering if anyone who also received one has any information on what their understanding on these offers are.

I received an upsell at $81 each going from cove Balcony to Spa Balcony deck 14 on the Horizon. I took it! One thing that I questioned was that the upsell cost was for each person, not per cabin. In the past I swear the upsells were per cabin. It was still a great deal for me either way, just wondering if anyone who also received one has any information on what their understanding on these offers are.

Sorry OP, I received this upsell offer three weeks after booking.

The one time I've gotten an upsell offer it was a week or two before sailing. We had been booked for a while. We did not take the offer because we were traveling with family and had booked cabins specifically to be near each other and the Lido deck.

On our Vista cruise last year, my sister was booked in a Lido deck interior near us. She was traveling solo and two nights before we sailed she got called and offered a free upgrade to a balcony. It would have been on a different deck than us, so she didn't love that. But since she NEVER books balconies she accepted the offer. 10 minutes later the guy called her back and told her he could get her a balcony on Lido just down the hall from us. Winner winner!