Fantacy Class

I know they are the oldest and at times the most tacky with over the top appearance. (Think Dynasty meets 1990's Las Vegas) But these are always my favorite and go to cruises.

I find that although older. The service on these smaller ships is so much better. MDR staff is always excellent and the Cabin stewards are not as over worked with number of cabins.

Another perk is no lines. No lines for MDR, no Lines at the Buffet, Elevators.

There aren't specialty restaurants or zip lines but that's not why I cruise. I cruise to enjoy some sun. Make new friends which is so much easier on these small ships. My group always makes companions for the duration of the cruise. Something harder to do on say RC The Oasis.

I also like the shorter cruise lengths 10 days on a ship for me can get old. 4 nights on this class of ship is perfect. Fly home a few days after the cruise for some days in Fort Lauderdale or Orlando enjoy some days on land.

Any one else a fan of Fantasy Class? OR am I the only loyal follower?

I would love to try the smaller sized Fantasy class if one sailed from Galveston and offered a 7 day itinerary.

They did! You missed it. The Elation sailed 7 day trips from here year round for a while. We also had the Ecstasy sailing the 4-5 day trips. We first had the Celebration, then the Ecstasy, the Triumph. the Liberty and now the Valor making the 4-5 day runs.

Seven day ships have included the Elation, the Conquest, the Freedom, the Magic and now the Breeze.

They did! You missed it. The Elation sailed 7 day trips from here year round for a while. We also had the Ecstasy sailing the 4-5 day trips. We first had the Celebration, then the Ecstasy, the Triumph. the Liberty and now the Valor making the 4-5 day runs.

Seven day ships have included the Elation, the Conquest, the Freedom, the Magic and now the Breeze.

I've sailed the Conquest, Magic, and Breeze and have one booked on the Freedom. You're correct, alas I missed the smaller class.

We like them if they, like the Fascination, have balcony rooms, as that is a requirement for us and it seems pretty silly to call what is a standard balcony on other ships a "suite" on these. We prefer smaller crowds but miss the variety of specialty dining. Wish they would add a steakhouse!

Elation is also my favorite a little less over the top decoration wise than the others in the class. Gives it a slightly more sophisticated feel. Slightly being key! Just don't like that it is out of boring Jacksonville. YES LETS GO ON A CRUISE SOON!

Not to start a big conflict here, but PC, is much more boring than Jax. I grew up just South of PC, and other than KSC, Orl and Mickey, not very much to do in PC.

Both have beaches, Jax has a Zoo, and St Augustine is 45 mins South.

PC, well, Orl is 45-90 minute drive depending on where you are going. KSC, could take 30-45 mins as well to get there.

If you want a land vacation, I agree, PC or Jax, not the place to go. But, for a cruise, both are pretty much the same. (Although PC has a better Cruise Port) :):)

Not to start a big conflict here, but PC, is much more boring than Jax. I grew up just South of PC, and other than KSC, Orl and Mickey, not very much to do in PC.

Both have beaches, Jax has a Zoo, and St Augustine is 45 mins South.

PC, well, Orl is 45-90 minute drive depending on where you are going. KSC, could take 30-45 mins as well to get there.

If you want a land vacation, I agree, PC or Jax, not the place to go. But, for a cruise, both are pretty much the same. (Although PC has a better Cruise Port) :):)

I agree Not into the Disney Stuff. But Orlando is a great city to go out in. Also like to go North of PC to New Symerna, best beach in Florida in my opinion.

But Fort Lauderdale is my all time favorite embarkation city. So much to do!

I agree Not into the Disney Stuff. But Orlando is a great city to go out in. Also like to go North of PC to New Smyrna beach, best beach in Florida in my opinion.

Yes, It was also one of my favorite surfing beaches, back in the day....:)

But Fort Lauderdale is my all time favorite embarkation city. So much to do!

I agree, FLL, is one , if not the "best port" to sail from. Lot's of hotels, restaurants, boat tours, shopping....and more! :D

We really like the Fantasy Class of ships and were thrilled when Carnival brought the Fantasy back to the Port of Mobile after having been gone for four years. In this class, we have cruised on Celebration (once), Elation (twice) and Fantasy (five times). We sailed on Fantasy on her inaugural "Return to Mobile" cruise on November 9, 2016. We have also done a New Year's Eve cruise on Fantasy and a four-day/five-day back-to-back last Thanksgiving.

We were delighted to see them start offering a few longer cruises on Fantasy out of Mobile. We are going on an eight-day, five-port cruise on Fantasy on April 21, 2018 and the ten-day, partial transit of the Panama Canal on September 17, 2018.

One of the things I particularly like about the Fantasy Class ships is that they all have my favorite little "hidey-hole" where I have breakfast or at least coffee every morning of every cruise. That special place is the rear-facing, outdoor wings on both sides of the ship that you access by going out the back doors of the Lido restaurant.

Elation seems to be a fan favorite. My first fantasy class was the imagination right after refurb back in '11.

Didn't they add an extra deck to one of the Fantasy class ships above where the golf course and track used to be? Seems to me they added an additional sun deck. I could be wrong.

We are sailing the Fantasy for the third time in a couple of months. We sailed her on our honeymoon and now for our twentieth. Love the smaller ships for all the reasons mentioned particularly the morning fantasy class. Love aft lido deck dinning out doors. It's wonderful

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

Elation seems to be a fan favorite. My first fantasy class was the imagination right after refurb back in '11.

Didn't they add an extra deck to one of the Fantasy class ships above where the golf course and track used to be? Seems to me they added an additional sun deck. I could be wrong.

When the Fascination was here in Jax prior to the Elation, everyone liked it:) Now that the Elation is here in Jax, it is now a another Fantasy Class Favorite.!:):)

Yes, there is a deck (not new), that now has the Grand Suites and Cabins. I think it is deck 12, and there is only one elevator to get there and it is on the Port Side Forward.The new cabins replaced the track, and mini golf. CCl did add a small mini golf course and bocci ball .

That special place is the rear-facing, outdoor wings on both sides of the ship that you access by going out the back doors of the Lido restaurant.

Yes, my dad and I would split a bottle of wine each night at sundown. This was the perfect spot with a gorgeous view. One of the best seats in the house.

We're going on the Glory in May and he's is already asking about where the wine spot is going to be. I told him Glory doesn't have the wings so I'll have to find another acceptable spot on the back of the ship.

Love Fantasy class! Out of 40 cruises (so far) 35 were on Fantasy class; staff has always been friendly, cabin kept spotless, food is just fine, Diamond party small enough to actually meet and mingle - no downside at all ! Friends just cruised the Vista to see what all the hoopla was about - they much prefer our usual Fantasy class hands down.