Azamara and guarantee cabin allocations?

lahore

Hi all, we will be going Azamara in February. We had to book a guarantee as the cruise is nearly sold out across all categories. Naturally I’m anxious about cabin allocation, but it’s our first time on Azamara. Can you please share when guarantees are applied on Azamara and can you see the cabin come up on the website? Ta

When a "Guarantee" booking is actually assigned a specific stateroom/suite number can vary greatly...sometimes well in advance, and sometimes very close to sailing date. This fluctuation is due not only to individual cancellations, but also our Travel Professionals will release Group Space back into sell-able inventory as they get closer to sailing date.

Hi all, we will be going Azamara in February. We had to book a guarantee as the cruise is nearly sold out across all categories. Naturally I’m anxious about cabin allocation, but it’s our first time on Azamara. Can you please share when guarantees are applied on Azamara and can you see the cabin come up on the website? Ta

A couple of years ago we were in a similar situation and had booked an inside guarantee, we were allocated an inside cabin right at the front of the ship, not one to be honest that I would have ever booked. A week before we sailed we were allocated a deck 7 midship balcony, we were over the moon. I hope you are also happy with your allocation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of years ago we were in a similar situation and had booked an inside guarantee, we were allocated an inside cabin right at the front of the ship, not one to be honest that I would have ever booked. A week before we sailed we were allocated a deck 7 midship balcony, we were over the moon. I hope you are also happy with your allocation.

HI Jem

Yes, that’s what I was thinking, a really forward inside cabin on one of the roughest stretches of ocean in the world is less than desirable. It’s good to know that they move things around even after a first allocation. Did you request a move or did it just happen please?

a really forward inside cabin on one of the roughest stretches of ocean in the world is less than desirable.

Don’t panic, the Tasmin sea is not always rough, it was like a mill pond when we sailed on it!

There is a form which you can fill in to request an upgrade here:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Don’t panic, the Tasmin sea is not always rough, it was like a mill pond when we sailed on it!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

As I understand it you can’t use this programme if you book a guarantee unless the rules have changed recently

As I understand it you can’t use this programme if you book a guarantee unless the rules have changed recently

I believe that is still the case.

Once a guarantee cabin is allocated it is unlikely to be changed.

As to rough seas that is pot luck anywhere in the world.

HI Jem

Yes, that’s what I was thinking, a really forward inside cabin on one of the roughest stretches of ocean in the world is less than desirable. It’s good to know that they move things around even after a first allocation. Did you request a move or did it just happen please?

I was allocated 7002 on one cruise to Norway with a little rough weather one night and actually found it ok. It's a nice quiet spot there too. You never now. You might get lucky, but I think such upgrades to balconies are less commonplace now with the introduction of the Le Club Voyage paid upgrade program. An upgrade to an obstructed cat 08 window cabin that is behind one of the lifeboats would not be so much of one for me as the cabins are smaller and a different side on arrangement inside. Whatever happens, good luck!

Phil

HI Jem

Hi, no we didn’t ask for it, it just happened which was azamazing[emoji3][emoji3]Good luck.

I know, but it can be. I come from Tasmania and my uncle was the last of the ‘Straitsman’ - cray fishermen who worked those waters. They made a film about him. It was in the 70’s and was that era and location’s equivalent of ‘deadliest catch’ so unfortunately I do know something about it!

I was allocated 7002 on one cruise to Norway with a little rough weather one night and actually found it ok. It's a nice quiet spot there too. You never now. You might get lucky, but I think such upgrades to balconies are less commonplace now with the introduction of the Le Club Voyage paid upgrade program. An upgrade to an obstructed cat 08 window cabin that is behind one of the lifeboats would not be so much of one for me as the cabins are smaller and a different side on arrangement inside. Whatever happens, good luck!

Phil

I don’t know about LCV though, so must go educate myself on this one.

When a "Guarantee" booking is actually assigned a specific stateroom/suite number can vary greatly...sometimes well in advance, and sometimes very close to sailing date. This fluctuation is due not only to individual cancellations, but also our Travel Professionals will release Group Space back into sell-able inventory as they get closer to sailing date.

HI Bonnie

Can you please advise where I would see the allocation when/if it becomes available prior to embarkation?

• 2 months later...

hi everyone who responded to this. Please refer to my Azamara thread ‘when is a guarantee not a guarantee’ thread that came weeks after this one. For anyone who ever considers buying an guarantee with Azamara: don’t. Two days before my cruise which was paid for in full months back, I was told that they don’t have room for us and they summarily kicked us off. Don’t even consider buying a guarantee with AZAMARA.

hi everyone who responded to this. Please refer to my Azamara thread ‘when is a guarantee not a guarantee’ thread that came weeks after this one. For anyone who ever considers buying an guarantee with Azamara: don’t. Two days before my cruise which was paid for in full months back, I was told that they don’t have room for us and they summarily kicked us off. Don’t even consider buying a guarantee with AZAMARA.

Oh my goodness I’m so sorry to hear this, I’m sure you are very disappointed I hope Azamara have compensated you adequately, although I am sure it is still very disappointing.

Hi I have just read your other post and I am absolutely horrified for you, I myself had looked at this cruise and the following ones 6 months ago, I can’t imagine how they cannot have a cabin for you, we have booked a guarantee and had a positive experience, you have to be prepared to not get a good cabin, but surely not no cabin at all. !!!!!!

How not to run a business!!!!!

Hello all, please see my main post on ‘when is a guarantee not a guarantee’ and you can see that the outcome was that Azamara found me a cabin the next day and have offered compensation as well.

Clearly, as everyone has kindly said, this should never have happened. Everyone hopes that lessons can be learned by all concerned.

I don’t think I’ll ever book a guarantee again on any cruise line. The roller coaster was too stressful. However it all worked out in the end. Thank you all for your support.