Deck 8 bump out cabins

The elevators and stairs are in a foyer, so noise isn't an issue. The big thing about the "hump" cabins is convenience...they are no larger (either cabin or balcony) than any other side cabin of the same category, but they are so, so convenient! Love that area!

"Everybody" loves them.

I'm not a fan, and will swim against the tide here.

When I have had a cabin right on the hump, I heard late night talking and laughing a lot. You are in the middle of the path of most people returning to their cabins at night. Many of those people are walking in groups that are enjoying each other's company.

Give me an aft cabin any day, where the only people walking past your cabin are people whose cabin is also on the aft.

Just off Navigator and had a hump stateroom for the first time (only ever had aft staterooms before this). Nothing special about the hump cabins or balcony's. The only good thing they have going for them is their location. Very central and virtually no walking required to Windjammer/pool deck/bars for drinks etc. Re: noise from lifts - there is none. Lifts are in the central lobby and they are a distance away from the cabins. We did have annoying kids running up and down the corridors at night on our recent cruise which was annoying - something we have never experienced in aft cabins. I won't be booking another hump cabin because for us the convenient location does not beat the size of the balcony or the aft view.