Star Class Allure August 26... Join me!

My name is Leanna, and this is my third cruise on Royal. My first ever cruise was on NCL Epic. I am 38 and traveling with my sister Layla, and my mom Susan (I cannot get the abbreviations correct, so you have to deal with actual names!). I have a 6 year old; Layla has a 12 year old and also a 6 year old. I work in HR and love to travel. The girls are on the loose and the men (my dad Phillip and Layla's husband brad) have to be single parents for the week.....watch out fast food joints!

We have never taken a trip with just the girls and are super excited! We are from nowhere Kansas and staying in the airport hotel Friday night. Our flight is Saturday at 5:55 am, landing near 1pm in Fort Lauderdale. From there it is off to the Marriott Harbor Beach resort....as my sister puts it: spring break hotel for old people.

We will board on Sunday around 11, meeting our genie Phillip at the entry doors. We are in 1720. We were in a two bedroom aquatheater in 2016 and a crown loft in 2017. I'm not going to lie ....We squeezed 8 people into the aquatheater and got an awesome deal. We would do it any day again! We have another crown loft later this year in November.

Yep - I am a deal seeker. We don't do excursions, mainly as dad's health will not permit too much walking. Plus, I'm happy to sit, relax, drink, read, eat, stir and repeat.

I welcome any questions you may have. I don't do periscopes or Instagram, but I will try to check this once daily. Looking forward to cruising with you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SwissMiss USA

We have had Star Class a couple times and we have it again on Symphony's TA. It's too soon to be talking with our genie. Would you mind asking yours a question? Since the TA will one of those cruises where tons of C&A onboard, should we pre book out dining and them have it reimbursed once we are booked through genie? Does that make sense? lol

Tell me how Phillip treats you. As we will be sailing on 9-16 in an Aqua theater suite 10730

and he is our Genie.

Will do! He has been very timely answering emails (then again, I have only sent 2). We don’t plan on being too difficult :-) so he should be able to keep up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had Star Class a couple times and we have it again on Symphony's TA. It's too soon to be talking with our genie. Would you mind asking yours a question? Since the TA will one of those cruises where tons of C&A onboard, should we pre book out dining and them have it reimbursed once we are booked through genie? Does that make sense? lol

Hi Croosieloosie,

That does make sense. I will try to ask on day 1 or 2; should you not hear from me ... please remind me!! Sometimes, there is wine involved. Guilty

So I started the dreaded monologue with my vacation clothes last night.

“do you still fit?”

“Should I take you?”

“Will I really wear you? You are white, and I drink red wine...”

I finally found my clothes while my mom sat there. I put on a load of laundry that had the other black shirt I was trying to find and I went to bed.

I actually packed most of those clothes tonight. Not sure about you guys, but I make a list. I make a list cause in the excitement and the rush (that’s Layla’s fault ... I always say she would be late to her own funeral), it is so easy to forget something like a charger cord or a swimsuit. I make the list and then send to my mom and sister so that they can prep.

The final thing to bring????! Excitement and energy! We have a lot of wine to drink and food to eat :-) mainly wine to drink.

Ok, that’s about as much excitement as my otherwise boring life can handle.

I’ll be back tomorrow or latest Friday as the fun kicks off. I’ll get you a few pictures so you know who we are, and I will start detailing more “stuff”.

Later.

Leanna

So today is final prep day. I have one more phone call this afternoon and waiting on a document for review, and then I can officially put away my computer and phone. This is the one week a year that work doesn’t follow me.

I’m currently working and well... writing this ... and focusing on the most important part of a vacation: pretty toe nails. I love a good pedicure, but I just don’t have time every few weeks. Knowing, however, that my piggly-wigglies will be exposed often, I want to get them professionally painted.

Mom and dad are showing up around 4pm. Layla has to finish up last minute shopping as if she didn’t know about this trip 9 months ago! I think anxiety is getting the best of her. She’s still concerned that she won’t be let back into the USA. How she comes across that thought - who knows.

I gotta relax and enjoy this pedicure! Be back shortly

We are also in a Star Class suite on the TA. I have been in contact with our Genie from last December who is now on the Symphony. We are hoping to have her again! She has said to not worry about dining. I think this is one trip I will be grateful for having a Genie (not that I'm not thrilled to have one at any time :) )!