Port of Miami traffic

JayceeP

Thinking of dropping everyone off at the MSC terminal on Sat March 10th and then taking the rental car back to FLL. Form there return back to POM via Uber by myself. Just wondering how the flow of traffic moves in and out of the port on a Saturday if I was aiming to drop everyone off around 1030-11am.

Thank you.

Flying into FLL. Dropping the rental car off at different location is insanely expensive.

All I want to know is what traffic is like getting in and out of POM approximately between the hours 1030am-1pm.

I am not looking for advice on numbers or cost or anything else.

On a typical Saturday you are looking at 90 min to 2+ hours to drive from POM to FLL, return the car, and then catch a ride back to POM. How many travelling together? UberX will cost you about $35 to get from FLL to POM -- if you can all squeeze into an UberXL for about $70 that seems to me like money well spent.

Of course it is easy for me to spend your money - it's your call. ;)

Thank you for the info. The challenge is we have an infant and therefore require a car seat. Debating on whether to just pay for shuttles pre-cruise or rent a car with a car seat. Want to avoid bringing one with us if we can.

Flying into FLL. Dropping the rental car off at different location is insanely expensive.

All I want to know is what traffic is like getting in and out of POM approximately between the hours 1030am-1pm.

I am not looking for advice on numbers or cost or anything else.

You may want to check various car rental companies. Some companies may have particular drop off locations that should be used for POM returns. Just checked Hertz and FLL to Miami 2nd St HLE (which runs shuttle to POM) doesn't show an added drop off fee.

Yeah I guess if you are comparing different car rental bookings it might not be different. If I change my return to MIA the price is more than my current booking. We could just take regular taxis (no car seat requirement)? But I think we’ll just take our rear facing car seat without the base so that it’s very lightweight, and easy to deal with, and secure it via seatbelt in an Uber or regular cab if need be. The private shuttles that have car seats available will cost nearly $300 for our family to go FLL-Sunny Isles, Sunny Isles-POM, POM-FLL.