Coco Cay Bad Weather alternative

Dreamer115

What does Royal Caribbean do when the weather is bad and they can't tender in Coco Cay? Do they go somewhere else or do you get another sea day? Also where is Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay, can't seem to find it on the map.

As we have never been to the Caribbean or Bahamas yet don't know the lingo. What is a Straw Market?

Thanks Connie

As we have never been to the Caribbean or Bahamas yet don't know the lingo. What is a Straw Market?

Thanks Connie

Straw Market is in Nassau.. its a covered shopping area with lots of locals trying to sell you goods.. they will follow you around, so you need to tell then that you are not interested or just avoid the market completely if you do not want to buy anything

Just a word of warning....some straw market vendors are very aggressive in trying to make a sale. Particularly offensive ones IMO are Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and Labadee (rcl private beach area in Haiti). I like to stop and browse, but many do not give you this opportunity. They are all over you like white on rice! This does not bother some people ,but I hate it, and I just walk away and they lose my money. I am not trying to discourage you from trying the straw markets (some are wonderful with kind helpful vendors), but forewarned is forearmed, so to speak. Hope you have a great cruise! :)

• 2 months later...

Just a word about the straw market in Nassau> I love it. Been to Nassau many times and each time have to do the straw market. If you feel unconfortable just exit lots of shops between cruise ships and straw market.

We felt just the opposite, hated the straw market in Nassau. We will never go there again. The vendors are extremely pushy, and then start to berate and talk bad about you if you don't buy their merchandise. And it is the cheapest stuff, like really cheap tacky t-shirts that look like they are from the 70's. We will likely never go there again, and actually look for itineraries that do not include Nassau. It was that bad.

• 6 months later...