Amsterdam Embarkation

We are traveling in the Celebrity Eclipse out of Amsterdam on July 1st and am planning our pre-cruise sightseeing/exploration of Amsterdam. I have a few questions that I am hoping the awesome Cruise Critic community can answer.

1. How early we can board the ship?

2. Has anyone boarded and gotten back off to explore Amsterdam before sail away? Will Celebrity let us do this?

3. What time should we have access to our cabins? I’d like to drop off our carry on bags before getting off the ship to explore. I would leave our stuff at the hotel and board later but, we are staying in the Hilton at the airport and prefer not to have to travel back there to pick up luggage.

Thanks!

Karen

You may want to ask on the Celebrity board

I would think boarding time would be on your documents

Usually you can drop your bags at the port at 9am then head back to sightsee the port is right in town so getting to some of the sights will be easy

Unless you are coming in late the night before I would consider booking a hotel in the Centruum or Museum area of Amsterdam easy to see most of the sites

JMO

Most lines will start boarding at 11.a.m. depending their arrival time that morning.

Yes you can checkin and leave again, no problem.

However check with the Celebrity board again, since I remember Celebrity last year didnot allow us to our cabin before or around 1 pm.

However inside the cruiseterminal you will find lockers, so you can use that too. Small locker: E. 4,- for 24 hours. Large locker: E.- 6,- for 24 hours. Payable only with coins of E. 1,- or E. 2,- only.

mall locker €4 / 24hrs

W35 cm x H45 cm x D85 cm

Big locker €6 / 24hrs

W35 cm x H62 cm D85 cm

€ 1 and € 2 euro coins only

Most lines will start boarding at 11.a.m. depending their arrival time that morning.

Yes you can checkin and leave again, no problem.

However check with the Celebrity board again, since I remember Celebrity last year didnot allow us to our cabin before or around 1 pm.

However inside the cruiseterminal you will find lockers, so you can use that too. Small locker: E. 4,- for 24 hours. Large locker: E.- 6,- for 24 hours. Payable only with coins of E. 1,- or E. 2,- only.

mall locker €4 / 24hrs

W35 cm x H45 cm x D85 cm

Big locker €6 / 24hrs

W35 cm x H62 cm D85 cm

€ 1 and € 2 euro coins only

Thank you Ine. I had not thought about storage lockers but that might be the perfect solution.

Boarding times for the Silhouette in Amsterdam last August were assigned by cabin location. We were on a lower deck and were assigned a time around 3:00. We walked to the port from the Doubletree Centraal Station. We arrived a little early and got in line about 2:30. The ship sailed at 5:00.

• 2 months later...
Usually you can drop your bags at the port at 9am ...
Would 9 am be a safe time to advise for some passengers with some mobility problems? They don't want to hang around the airport for too long that morning before transferring to the cruise terminal, but equally they don't want to get to the cruise terminal to find that they can't get rid of their big bags straight away. (What they don't mind is waiting at the cruise terminal after dropping their bags.)

If 9 am is too early, what would be a safe time to quote them? I've asked on the HAL board, and "by 11 am" is the best that anyone's offered over there.

Would 9 am be a safe time to advise for some passengers with some mobility problems? They don't want to hang around the airport for too long that morning before transferring to the cruise terminal, but equally they don't want to get to the cruise terminal to find that they can't get rid of their big bags straight away. (What they don't mind is waiting at the cruise terminal after dropping their bags.)

If 9 am is too early, what would be a safe time to quote them? I've asked on the HAL board, and "by 11 am" is the best that anyone's offered over there.

If they are just planning on going to the cruise terminal & staying there then 9 am is too early IMO

At least hanging around the airport there are places to sit or eat & relax

Of course they could go to the Movenpick & have an expensive breakfast while they wait ..not much close by the PTA as I recall

maybe others will have suggestions

I think am might be too early since most staff will be busy disembarking arriving passengers. I am not sure if you can get into the terminal that early. Maybe 10 would be better.