Omni C. Hotel, French 1/4?

PenguinWalk

Has anybody stayed here? How far is the French 1/4 to the Peir? Is it walking distance? Can anybody recommend a good Cheaper place to eat? ($15.00 pp max)? We are here for 1 day and I would love a real roast beef Po Boy.

The Omni Royal New Orleans is located directly in the FQ. Here´s a map showing the location:

http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/default.asp?topic=location&h_id=17

It´s within walking distance to all major attractions in the FQ.

You could say that the pier is within walking distance too. It´s not on the map but it´s more or less next to Riverwalk Mall on the left lower corner of the map. But with bags I won´t advise you to walk. It´s quite a way. A cab is 15$ for two.

The Omni Royal Crescent is about two blocks from the FQ and also not within walking distance.

In fact there isn´t a hotel which is really within walking distance when you have (even wheeled) bads with you. Even those which are looking quite close you have to walk quite a bit as there isn´t any way to get through the Convention Center.

There are lots of places to eat in the FQ and close by. Go and search older threads on this board and you will find a lot of suggestions.

steamboats

Hi Penguin, and welcome to the boards. As a native New Orleanian, I can tell you the best roast beef po-boy is served at Cafe Pontalba....the link is below for you to see their menu. Very reasonable prices on all their food. Plus, you can see all the action in front of St. Louis Cathedral from your table, as they have the floor-to-ceiling open doors. Great location and wonderful food. One of my favorites in the Quarter.:)

Go here: http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/cafepontalba/menu.html

Has anybody stayed here? How far is the French 1/4 to the Peir? Is it walking distance? Can anybody recommend a good Cheaper place to eat? ($15.00 pp max)? We are here for 1 day and I would love a real roast beef Po Boy.

We stayed there last year for the weekend. We loved it. It is right next to Bourban St. Had a blast! You will definitly like this hotel. We really liked the resturant in the hotel. The gumbo tasted great and the french bread was fabulous. It is a beautiful hotel. ;)

Thank you guy's so much! I am just salivating about that Po Boy. And the soon to be hubbie is dreaming of Gumbo. I can't wait for this trip! Does anybody have any idea of how to get from the port's to the airport? Is there a bus or is it Taxi time? Is there a good place to get a Taxi where you don't have to wait in a 2 hr line?

Archived