Tall Ship Mercedes

CarolinaGirl2010

• 1 month later...

Several people we met on the mid-Dec 2016 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas trip went on it; they enjoyed it and said it was fast enough to be exciting and big enough to be comfortable. They said it was a nice way to spend the morning. We had booked the Americas Cup Experience; it was cancelled due to high winds (the boats and crew can handle it, but the license has a wind limit for carrying passengers). Our friends who went on Mercedes had no problems - the larger vessel handles strong winds better. I am hoping they resume operations for our December 2017 cruise - their web site says they have, but it is not appearing on the list of shore excursions on the RCCL web page for our cruise. I'm checking to see if they have any info or plan to add it last-minute.

Update: I have not heard from RCCL yet, but another passenger on the 12/9/17 GoS sailing thread replied that they contacted the company directly recently and were told that they are not operating for this season. They hope to resume operations from St Maarten later in 2018, and are negotiating with RCCL to run a similar tour with another ship from Nassau.