Picture Packages

HodgeNNicole

We are sailing on the Fantasy in April. I was looking into the picture packages, can anyone explain them a bit better.

If I purchase the "all photo's on USB drive" package, does that include prints made on the ship with the disney borders etc? If not it might make more sense for us to purchase the 20 pictures because that seems to be printed pics?

Am I reading this correctly?

Obviously being able to have the digital photo is beneficial but I also like the prints printed on board.

does anyone know what the price is for this? is it like the Photomaker they offer at DW

Thanks

Mike

Shutters (photography service) is a typical photo shop, much like going to any photographer. Prices I have are:

PHOTOS (Sep 2014)

Individual prices are:

8X10 print - $20.95

6X8 print - $14.95

Digital photo each - $20.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95precruise) photos. Different lengthcruises have different options. You canalso purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same costas the length of cruise full digital package.

The length of cruise digital package cost varies with length of cruise. Theprices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):

7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95,$100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95,$75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special digital package prices (or just the allprints package)

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages are the full digital package with 6, 10,15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Photobook $149.95

It's been reported that there are no more prints included (with digital package) or print only packages, but I can't confirm that.

I think I saw that the cost was either $249 or $295 for the 7 day cruise. As long as the photos include the date stamp and frame that might be a good deal. We can always send the files to Costco for cheap prints when we get home. What is the "add $100 for prints" in the comment. I am a bit confused.

Also we are traveling in 2 cabins how does that work with the package? I assumed as long as my son was in the picture the picture would make it on the drive. 1 cabin has me, my wife and son and the other cabin has my Father in law in it.

I think I saw that the cost was either $249 or $295 for the 7 day cruise. As long as the photos include the date stamp and frame that might be a good deal. We can always send the files to Costco for cheap prints when we get home. What is the "add $100 for prints" in the comment. I am a bit confused.

Also we are traveling in 2 cabins how does that work with the package? I assumed as long as my son was in the picture the picture would make it on the drive. 1 cabin has me, my wife and son and the other cabin has my Father in law in it.

Time was that the picture packages were all prints. Then came the digital age. And DCL implemented the digital or print packages. Then basically digital packages, but you could add prints for an additional cost. Now it appears that they only have the digital option.

Packages are per room. The only exception is if there is a nuclear family in 2 rooms (room 1 - mom & minor kids, and room 2 - dad & minor kids). Then you could get just one package for both rooms.

Any photos taken with at least one person from the room purchasing the package will be included. So photos of your father-in-law would be included IF at least one of you from your room was in the the photo also. Photos of your father-in-law alone would not be included.

If you opt to purchase 2 full packages, the second one would be 50% off.

Edited by Shmoo here

personally i find the picture packages incredibly pricey...

i'm not sure, but i was told the photo company is a subcontractor, not actually disney...

but maybe that's not true?

i wasn't particularly impressed by the people working the photo area...

we didn't get a package....just bought two pictures and we were done...

Shutters absolutely is a subcontractor.....as is the spa.

i guess that explains why the salespeople there were so rude and lacking in all disney service qualities..

i think DCL makes a mistake having those people on board..

at least that was our experience on the Dream....the salespeople in shutters were rude and lacking in service skills...

i guess that explains why the salespeople there were so rude and lacking in all disney service qualities..

i think DCL makes a mistake having those people on board..

at least that was our experience on the Dream....the salespeople in shutters were rude and lacking in service skills...

I've never had that experience with the Shutters people. Maybe not as "sparkly" as Disney employees, but certainly friendly and helpful (for us).

I've never had that experience with the Shutters people. Maybe not as "sparkly" as Disney employees, but certainly friendly and helpful (for us).

i would define someone who speaks in grunts and monosyllables and doesn't smile at all as being rude, not lacking in disney sparkle...

but even if you just would say they're lacking in disney sparkle that is enough for DCL not to want to have them on board

and i don't know why disney does it...shutters just succeeds in annoying people with their exorbitant prices....

• 8 months later...

Is there any price difference before and after you get onboard?

For our 5-night cruise, the price right now is $211.95, what would the price be if we purchase it onboard?

Will the price fluctuate before the cruise?

For our 5-night cruise, the price right now is $211.95, what would the price be if we purchase it onboard?

Price will be higher on board.

On line price between now and your cruise could go up.

I guess, technically, it could also go down. But, I think that very unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

For the full digital photo package the price is reduced if you purchase pre-cruise. I believe the other packages (XX number of photos) the cost is the same onboard as pre-cruise.

Keep in mind how many pictures you need to make these packages worthwhile. This is one area where you can save a lot of money by carrying your own camera. The character attendants (NOT the photographers) are happy to take family photos with your camera.

They can be a good thing if you have kids, or a group cruising. (One person in the purchasing cabin has to be in the photo to have it on the package). For a couple cruising alone or with an infant...maybe not.

Remember if you buy before the cruise it’s cheaper and remember to print the copyright release form so you can use it to print all the photos you want when you get home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll also point out, if you pre-purchase (whatever package), and you find that you don't want enough photos to make the package worth it, you can cancel it for full refund. As long as you do so by the night of the last full day onboard.

I'll also point out, if you pre-purchase (whatever package), and you find that you don't want enough photos to make the package worth it, you can cancel it for full refund. As long as you do so by the night of the last full day onboard.

Oh Wow! I didn't know about this. Is there anywhere that shows this in writing? I think just because of this, I will get the photo package now and see if we like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Stratus22 said:

How does the Photo package work for B2B cruises? I have one coming up in February and Would like to get the unlimited package for both.  Thanks in Advance....

You have to buy separate packages for each cruise.

BUT, the package on the second cruise will be 50% off.

From the DCL website (photography services)
For back-to-back cruisers (guests that sail on the same ship for two consecutive itineraries) we offer a discount on Digital Photo unlimited discs: Purchase unlimited Digital Photos for the first cruise, and the second unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price. 

For pre-cruise purchases on OurCruisePhotos.com, you may purchase the first cruise disc online and the second cruise disc can be purchased on board for 50% off the onboard price.