First cruise is reserved. Very Excited - Freedom of the Seas question..

jdwilliams1

Our cabin is 6290

I am worried that is above a bar on the 5th deck, will it be loud in our cabin? If so I am hoping I can change. Any advice would be nice. Like I really would prefer no noise.

Thanks

Looking at the deck plan it doesn't look like there's a bar under your cabin. You are above the Promenade deck and it's shops below. I don't think you need to worry. But if you're concerned and there are cabins available, go ahead and change. But I wouldn't if there is an upcharge involved. I think you'll be fine. If you do choose to move, look at the deck plans and put a cabin above and below. Personally I prefer a few decks higher, but don't go the deck below the pool deck due to noise.

Our cabin is 6290

I am worried that is above a bar on the 5th deck, will it be loud in our cabin? If so I am hoping I can change. Any advice would be nice. Like I really would prefer no noise.

Thanks

If there is noise, there is action. Why stay in the cabin? If you are expecting silence and complete relaxation, then a cruise should not be your vacations option.

If there is noise, there is action. Why stay in the cabin? If you are expecting silence and complete relaxation, then a cruise should not be your vacations option.

LOL..well where I come from people sleep from time to time. Not wanting to hear a thunderous bass thump into the wee hours of the morning.

LOL..well where I come from people sleep from time to time. Not wanting to hear a thunderous bass thump into the wee hours of the morning.

If we talk about "noise during the morning" I think the noisiest cabins are the ones directly below the lido deck, because you can hear the loungers being moved and set by staff. Deck 5 (Royal Promenade) is very quiet till 9:30-10am when the Dreamworks characters carnival starts.

The same for late night, at 11pm everything is quiet on deck 5.

Our cabin is 6290

Thanks

I've sailed in 6321. Love the location and deck six. Just steps to the Promenade incl the MDR. No significant noise that I noticed. Hope you love FOTS as much as I have.

Our cabin is 6290

Thanks

That's a balcony cabin. It's not a Promenade cabin. There will be no sound whatsoever coming from the Promenade into your cabin.

Even the Promenade cabin across the hall from you is over shops. I am guessing that you are seeing Vintages, which is a very quiet place.

Daughter I I are in 8344 and like the 8 Deck on Freedom Class. Never saw a Lido Deck on a RCCL Ship, there is one on Princess ships.

I remember "Lido" Deck from watching The Love Boat...

But back 25-30yrs ago Royal named all their Decks. I remember a few like, Sports Deck. When she was new you could Skeet Shoot and hit Golf Balls off back of the Majesty. Then the cabin only lower Decks, ones going down near bottom were A Deck, B Deck and C Deck. Can't remember the other's, I'm in Arizona and my old 1980's Brochures are in Michigan...

Edited by ONECRUISER

I agree with everyone else. We just got off Freedom a week ago. We were in 6632 and LOVED that location. If we ever cruise again, I will 100% be trying for that deck & General area. We heard zero noise, even from people in the halls and the proximity to the dinning rooms and snacks/drinks on the promenade was amazing. And except for the few climbs up to Olive & twist, the climb up to 11 for the buffet and pool was very doable (we prefer the stairs everywhere we go but elevators were a nightmare. Packed, stoped at every floor, took forever).