ULTIMATE BLOODY MARY Vs regular Bloody Mary?

MsYukon

Hi fellow cruisers - I see on RCCL, they have the Ultimate Bloody Mary with Premium vodka for $14USD. Is it possible to get a Bloody Mary on board with bar vodka for a cheaper price?

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it for us to get the beverage package. At $61.57 CAD/day on a 16 night cruise, for the two of us, it would cost us $1,970 for bevies. It’s worth it for hubby, but for me, not really, especially if I am going to have to pay the extra $2USD plus 18% for each Bloody Mary.

Decisions, decisions! TIA for your thoughts.

Hi fellow cruisers - I see on RCCL, they have the Ultimate Bloody Mary with Premium vodka for $14USD. Is it possible to get a Bloody Mary on board with bar vodka for a cheaper price?

Trying to figure out if it’s worth it for us to get the beverage package. At $61.57 CAD/day on a 16 night cruise, for the two of us, it would cost us $1,970 for bevies. It’s worth it for hubby, but for me, not really, especially if I am going to have to pay the extra $2USD plus 18% for each Bloody Mary.

Decisions, decisions! TIA for your thoughts.

I’ve been a Hawkeye on the drink price packages and paid just under $55 CAD per day on a 7 night Oasis Cruise (actually on 2 cruises). Maybe the price will come down? My cheapest price was about 7-9 months out. Maybe they cost more on longer cruises - but I can’t see why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Allure there was a Bloody\ Mary bar set up outside the pub. They were selling the high priced ones and I asked for one that was included in the package instead.

Mine was made with Absolute Vodka instead of I think, Gray Goose. I don't know one vodka from another as I am not a vodka drinker and my Bloody Mary was fine!

You can get it made with the cheap vodka and it's covered under the package. However, they fooled me once by asking if I wanted a double and the extra shot cost me extra. At least it did the first day, then I tipped the suite deck bartender $20 and my doubles were singles thereafter.

The ship uses a concoction such as this https://www.kegworks.com/demitri-s-classic-bloody-mary-seasoning-mix-8-oz?keyword=&matchtype=&device=c&adtype=pla&productgroup=485385695484&productidCS6-8C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo8z77cvQ3QIVx4CfCh32VQIQEAYYBCABEgK7n_D_BwE and adds tomato juice to make their bloody marys. In my opinion, it tastes terrible. I usually bring my own bloody mary mix, Mr & Mrs T's Bold & Spicy, and just order the vodka and celery stick.

$2K for a beverage package is a lot to pay, especially if you are Diamond & above. Do the math. The ship makes a fortune selling these packages.

Thanks for all your replies! Unless there is a significant sale, the bevie package just doesn’t make sense to this accountant!

I agree but check the Friday after the US Thanksgiving. They usually have a Black Friday sale and last year I got buy one at full price get the 2nd bev package at 40% off (I think?). From what I understand the year before it was buy one get one 50% off or something but in any event the sale made it worth it. At full price it was a borderline decision and we both drink a lot. With the sale, we made out nicely on the deal (and I'm sure RC still did too). Happy sailing! Also got one for my kids. They loved the soda but could take or leave the smoothies so next time I'll just get them the soda package.

In a bloody mary, you can't tell the difference in vodka anyway. When I bartended, I gave people gin instead of vodka sometimes and no one ever noticed. With a savory mix (Zing Zang, etc) there's no way to even taste the vodka. Anything above bottom shelf is a waste of money. Save the good stuff for the martinis.

In a bloody mary, you can't tell the difference in vodka anyway. When I bartended, I gave people gin instead of vodka sometimes and no one ever noticed. With a savory mix (Zing Zang, etc) there's no way to even taste the vodka. Anything above bottom shelf is a waste of money. Save the good stuff for the martinis.

You will have to trust me on this one and it is a leap and takes great faith. Have the Bloody Mary made with Jaegermeister instead of vodka. It give the drink an herby taste like tomatoes basil soup. A warning however, more than one can make your babies come out crooked.

100% right. Save the better stuff for something you'll notice it in, like a martini.

You will have to trust me on this one and it is a leap and takes great faith. Have the Bloody Mary made with Jaegermeister instead of vodka. It give the drink an herby taste like tomatoes basil soup. A warning however, more than one can make your babies come out crooked.

I'm all in.

We never use top of the line vodka for bloody Mary’s, scotch is another story , also will not drink cheap wine

Anything you're drinking straight, or just adding a little water, go for the good stuff. Anything you're mixing, middle shelf will do if it's a relatively benign mixer (tonic, etc.) Bloody Mary mix is the ultimate in terms of making the alcohol of choice virtually irrelevant.

If I ever saw someone mixing Pappy Van Winkle (also overrated, but that's another conversation) with Coke, I'd kick them squar in the nuts.

However, they fooled me once by asking if I wanted a double and the extra shot cost me extra.

A similar warning: son was using the D vouchers and had 2 left so he asked for a double. The bartender charged him for the second shot even though no receipt was given. ($8 and change charged to room) Explanation: D vouchers can only be used one at a time.