Any tips to share about Freedom of the Seas?

Got a question for those of you who have sailed on Freedom before: Where are the public bathrooms located? I don't see many on the deck plans online, and I'm hoping we don't have to go all the way back to our cabin each time we need a "comfort break"! (Would also be nice to have a cabin near a facility in case one of us spends too much time in the bathroom occasionally!)

Got a question for those of you who have sailed on Freedom before: Where are the public bathrooms located? I don't see many on the deck plans online, and I'm hoping we don't have to go all the way back to our cabin each time we need a "comfort break"! (Would also be nice to have a cabin near a facility in case one of us spends too much time in the bathroom occasionally!)

There are usually public bathrooms near the elevator lobbies.

Plenty of public restrooms - they are on the pool decks, outside of the Windjammer cafe, and main dining rooms, near the theaters, etc. You will see them once you are on board - no need to go all the way back to your room. The locker rooms in the gym also have restrooms and showers if needed. ;)

The public bathrooms are on every deck with public space. The decks with cabins only didn't have any public bathrooms. If you check the deck plans on Freedom, starting on deck 11 there are plenty of public bathrooms. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/freedom-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1821/11

Thanks, Itgilbert! That does make sense to have the public bathrooms where people will use them when away from their rooms. Glad there seem to be plenty to avoid a long trek back to our stateroom!

"The public bathrooms are on every deck with public space. The decks with cabins only didn't have any public bathrooms."

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off a 7-night Cruise Freedom about a week ago.

Biggest tip: avoid the windjammer at breakfast and lunch. It was a nightmare. There are 4-5 stations but they all serve the same food choices. There was never anywhere to sit and the food areas were a total zoo. Really unpleasant. Get breakfast and lunch (when you can) in the MDR. At breakfast, there are a few food choices on the menu that aren’t in the windjammer, plus a smaller buffet with all the basics from windjammer.

Other tips, spend some time during sail away or before dinner at Olive & twist. Views are great.

Cafe promenade serves spiked coffees and beers any time they’re open. This was a nice discovery to avoid going back to the windjammer bar or pool deck to get a drink in the morning before leaving the ship. I had the deluxe drink package and really enjoyed a taking a spiked coffee drink off the boat with me!

Try the pizza at sorentos. We really loved it - all 6 of us! I wish we had a place at home that made that exact pizza!

Also, if you’re able, avoid the elevators. Like the buffet, they were always jam packed and super slow.

And as people mentioned, there are restrooms on most decks at both ends. Those, thank goodness, were not usually crowded, even by the pool on sea days.

If you prefer shade on sea days, the solarium is shady and quiet, but hot and crowded. Finding anywhere to sit was hard and there’s no breeze. If you go to deck 12, and then to either side of the doors, there are usually chairs in the shade.

Our most memorable experience from our February 2018 cruise was the food/wine pairing in Vintages. Lovely the bartender puts together the menu and wines and she will substitute as necessary. More intimate and you get your own table. Less costly than Chef's Table as well. We ate at Sabor, same menu as Oasis in 2015, but we were underwhelmed at the location and decor. Much preferred the experience of the Boardwalk location on Oasis.

We will be on the Freedom for the October 20th sailing. Does anyone know which nights are formal nights? Are they still serving lobster?

Thank you in advance.

Lobster is served on the second formal night. If you post your itinerary, someone here might know the formal nights.

Just got off a 7-night Cruise Freedom about a week ago.

Biggest tip: avoid the windjammer at breakfast and lunch. It was a nightmare. There are 4-5 stations but they all serve the same food choices. There was never anywhere to sit and the food areas were a total zoo. Really unpleasant. Get breakfast and lunch (when you can) in the MDR. At breakfast, there are a few food choices on the menu that aren’t in the windjammer, plus a smaller buffet with all the basics from windjammer.

Other tips, spend some time during sail away or before dinner at Olive & twist. Views are great.

Cafe promenade serves spiked coffees and beers any time they’re open. This was a nice discovery to avoid going back to the windjammer bar or pool deck to get a drink in the morning before leaving the ship. I had the deluxe drink package and really enjoyed a taking a spiked coffee drink off the boat with me!

Try the pizza at sorentos. We really loved it - all 6 of us! I wish we had a place at home that made that exact pizza!

Also, if you’re able, avoid the elevators. Like the buffet, they were always jam packed and super slow.

And as people mentioned, there are restrooms on most decks at both ends. Those, thank goodness, were not usually crowded, even by the pool on sea days.

If you prefer shade on sea days, the solarium is shady and quiet, but hot and crowded. Finding anywhere to sit was hard and there’s no breeze. If you go to deck 12, and then to either side of the doors, there are usually chairs in the shade.

Eating in the Windjammer kinda depends on the cruise you were on. Been on the Freedom (and other ships) where the WJ was uncrowded

and the food quite good. And of course it depends on the times you get there in the morning/noon. It tends to be busy earlier on port days but not on sea days.

We tend to cruise during non peak periods. During peak when the ship is full is when you are going to find the WJ the busiest.

We also tend to avoid the elevators, not so much because they are crowded (again depends on the time of day) but for using the stairs for exercise to work off the calories. We tend to use the elevators twice. Upon arrival with our luggage to get to our cabin and upon departure with our luggage.

As for the pizza on the Freedom it was inedible last year. Hopefully it is better now.

Edited by mac66