Suggestions on things to do in Miami right after getting off the cruise

gqboy1

Hello,

We are planning on flying out a day after the cruise so looking for some ideas on what to do in Miami for that one day after disembarkation. We have will have 3 seniors, 2 adults, 2 kids (6 and 4). Any suggestions on things to do? Tours to take? etc... I'm open to renting a van for that 1 day if necessary or go along with some tour until we get back to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening. Thanks!

Stay downtown, taxi/Uber to your hotel, tip them to store your bags if your room is not ready, and then take one of the Hop-on/off bus tours of Miami/Miami Beach -- I would hop off and have lunch in South Beach. ;)

Can I jump in on your thread and ask how much would be a reasonable amount to tip? We've stayed in hotels all over the world and never thought to tip for storing bags, only when they put them into the taxi or up to the room

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Me neither. However, they let you know by their body language, if they expected a tip. Then I go to Reception and ask appropriate tip.

Stay downtown, taxi/Uber to your hotel, tip them to store your bags if your room is not ready, and then take one of the Hop-on/off bus tours of Miami/Miami Beach -- I would hop off and have lunch in South Beach. ;)

Can I ask the difference in taxi/uber fare from port to downtown hotel?

$2 per bag seems about right to me. Taxi from POM to downtown hotels will be about $12-15 while UberX and standard Lyft should be just under $10 -- just in case you were wondering I would tip the driver 15-20% of the fare for good service. You can add the tip within the Uber or Lyft app.

$2 per bag seems about right to me. Taxi from POM to downtown hotels will be about $12-15 while UberX and standard Lyft should be just under $10 -- just in case you were wondering I would tip the driver 15-20% of the fare for good service. You can add the tip within the Uber or Lyft app.
Thanks JohninDC. Sorry to hijack the thread

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Check out the Miami Tour Company. It would probably be best to drop off your luggage at your hotel first but I am sure there could be a work around.

We took the Celebrity Ultimate Miami tour, a shortened version of the Miami to the Max tour. Though this is more expensive than the Hop On Hop Off Bus, we were very pleased, especially as it was pouring with rain that day thanks to TS Gordon.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, our plan is to get off the ship and rent a minivan for a day (to be returned the next morning at the airport as our flight is at noon). It seems like we'll have time to explore from disembarkation till whenever we go to our hotel at night. Because we have some seniors and young children all in the minivan, we probably will just want to drive around Miami and see some sights. Any good places/neighbourhood to drive around, stop off to stretch our legs while seeing Miami?

Take the turnpike south to Everglades National Park or Biscayne National Park - a 45 minute drive from downtown.

If you want to stay in the city, drive out to Coral Gables or even closer is Coconut Grove (lots of luck finding a parking

space though). Lots of shopping and restaurants. Or drive to Sawgrass Mall if you want to shop till you drop.

Bayfront Park is interesting if you want to stay in downtown Miami (shopping, tour boats, restaurants, etc).

I dont mean to hijack this thread....but any suggestions on what to do/see in Miami if your time is very limited?

We will be renting a car and driving from Miami to Orlando. We want to be in Orlando by about 7pm.

We are debating between getting off ship as early as possible (we have FTTF and a suite) vs. sleeping later and being among the last off the ship. The decision would be based on if there is anything we want to do in Miami.

Anything we should try to do/see/eat in less then 4 hours? Our kids will be 16, 14, and 12. My husband loves to the architecture in the area and the rest of us love beaches.

Thanks for any tips!