St Petersburg options?

Harry Peterson

I always say it was worth the price of the cruise just to see and experience St Petersburg.......wonderful city......and I dont say that about many places...VENICE being the only other one

We also like SPB and that’s why we returned on a Baltic cruise this year, but with a very different itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been to St Petersburg for 4 days on a land based tour so have seen all the main sights, but really didn't feel we got enough time at the Hermitage. Do either P and O or independents run a tour centring on the Hermitage as that's what I'd like to do on my Baltic cruise next spring.

I have been to St Petersburg for 4 days on a land based tour so have seen all the main sights, but really didn't feel we got enough time at the Hermitage. Do either P and O or independents run a tour centring on the Hermitage as that's what I'd like to do on my Baltic cruise next spring.

I think you would have to book it as a private tour, but either look at the local operator’s websites or send them an email. We did the Faberge Museum as an add on trip with Alla Tours. The museum was closed to the general public, so just a few people in there. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What I'm really looking for is something as little like a tour as possible (I hate being herded around) and at as low a price as possible.

Love the other destinations on these cruises, but I'm beginning to wonder whether booking one might be a mistake because of the high cost of tours in St Petersburg (which I'm pretty sure I'm not going to enjoy anyway because of the lack of freedom to explore).

I can give you the email of the guide we had....absolutely fantastic....I have given her name etc to many ,both here and FB and all have said she is great.....Someone wanted a private tour with her disabled daughter....she gave them a wonderful tour in a car....think it was around $300 for 2 days...can HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER...or she has her own company now..called REDSUN-TOURS....Take a look on FB