Barcelona Debarkation Time

tdtanc

I'd be cautious. Last time I flew out of BCN mid morning the airport was a madhouse and the checkin line ate up the better part of an hour. If you have any delays getting off the ship you may run into rush hour traffic.

What is everyones recent experience with debarkation time in Barcelona after a cruise? On a cruise with Vision and it arrives 6am on a Tuesday (so it states).

Safe to make a 10:30am flight to the states?

Todd

Wow - I wouldn't like to risk it! Although most run to schedule, there is no guarantee your ship will dock exactly on time then you have to travel to the airport and queues at Barcelona can be horrendous.

Wow - I wouldn't like to risk it! Although most run to schedule, there is no guarantee your ship will dock exactly on time then you have to travel to the airport and queues at Barcelona can be horrendous.

Thats kind of what I'm hearing as well. I am leaning towards 12pm departure in light of all of this.

Thank you.

Todd

I can't speak to the Vision but we just got off the Epic this morning in Barcelona. The ship arrived at 5am and a lot of people were off the ship prior to 5:30. It was a breeze getting through the cruise terminal to outside where there are lots of taxis waiting. And it's about 20-30 minutes from the port to the airport.

However, when we arrived at the Barcelona airport, it was crazy. We were on Air Canada along with about 1000 other people waiting in line. This was about 8:30am. The agents did not open their stations until exactly 2 hours prior to our air departure time. I was hoping that the people at the end of the lines didn't have an early flight to catch. Our flight to the states via Toronto left at 11:45am and we did have plenty of time. But, we had wheelchair assistance at the airport so fortunately did not have to wait in long lines to get through the checkpoints.

I can't speak to the Vision but we just got off the Epic this morning in Barcelona. The ship arrived at 5am and a lot of people were off the ship prior to 5:30. It was a breeze getting through the cruise terminal to outside where there are lots of taxis waiting. And it's about 20-30 minutes from the port to the airport.

However, when we arrived at the Barcelona airport, it was crazy. We were on Air Canada along with about 1000 other people waiting in line. This was about 8:30am. The agents did not open their stations until exactly 2 hours prior to our air departure time. I was hoping that the people at the end of the lines didn't have an early flight to catch. Our flight to the states via Toronto left at 11:45am and we did have plenty of time. But, we had wheelchair assistance at the airport so fortunately did not have to wait in long lines to get through the checkpoints.

Thanks for this information. This does actually give me hope for a 10:30am flight. Especially if I use miles to fly first class and possibly utilize the expedited lines at the airport.

TD