Star Princess Obstructed View Cabin

Cruising June

That's cool! Thanks for sharing!

What I like about an OV room is that you do get some natural light and that breakout for the window gives you an extra shelf. I like to order flowers when we have a OV or Mini suite. In an OV, I put the flowers by the window. :)

Another vote for Renmar's fantastically helpful site. It has helped a lot of folks make obstructed view decisions. It really should be a "sticky".

And another vote for Renmar's site. I wouldn't even think to book an obstructed OV cabin without checking this first. And, the obstructed OV cabins are our 'go to' rooms because of the fantastic savings!! Plus, we love being located on the Emerald deck!

We sailed in E416 on the Star and loved it. It does have a fair amount of obstruction but still let in a lot of natural light and the location was so handy. I blew out my knee early in that cruise so I was thankful to be close to the elevators.

I think Crooners is right below the associated cabin on the starboard side ... people complained of noise when the piano player got the crowd going, if I am not mistaken. Just check to see what is above and below you also when checking this site.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking at E102 an OV overlooking the Promenade Deck at the very front almost. Is there any a door to get out to the Promenade deck from Deck 8? Edited: on the Star Princess sorry

Personally I won't book that cabin. The white are is partially workshops and the area that handles lines a for docking. If anchoring it will be noise as well.

Personally I won't book that cabin. The white are is partially workshops and the area that handles lines a for docking. If anchoring it will be noise as well.

The white area at the forward part of deck 8 is mainly a crew recreation area.

I'm looking at E102 an OV overlooking the Promenade Deck at the very front almost. Is there any a door to get out to the Promenade deck from Deck 8? Edited: on the Star Princess sorry

Yes.

Caribill, are you sure there is a door going onto the Promenade deck from deck 8?

Theo

Caribill, are you sure there is a door going onto the Promenade deck from deck 8?

Theo

Yes. It may be marked for special or limited use, but I have had no problem using it on several of the Grand class ships.

When you go out using it, note where it is as it is not marked at all for re-entry to the cabin area.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:56 AM, caribill said:

Theo

Yes. It may be marked for special or limited use, but I have had no problem using it on several of the Grand class ships.

When you go out using it, note where it is as it is not marked at all for re-entry to the cabin area.

This is true. We've gone in and out those doors on more than one cruise.

We've been on the Star, Grand and Golden many times and our favorite stateroom is E619 on all these ships.  It's between two lifeboats and the only "obstruction" is a few cables.  It's the same view in E620 if you prefer port side. Check out the deck plans, they're usually very accurate.