Beverage pkg cancellation 2 days Before Boarding, NO $$ back

gerelmx

I’m onboard the Summit cruising alone, October 7 sailing, because AA denies the boarding to my DW at MTY at 4AM Friday Oct 5, the reason her USA laser VISA is peeling and they say is damaged so it’s invalid, insurance is not valid in this case. She it’s at home. When I arrive to DFW to do the connection to JFK, I call my TA and give the order to cancel all purchases for her via cruise planner. Later when I arrive JFK I have email from my TA telling me that X will refund TAX and port fees, gratuities and shore excursions to my CC in about a month. Also she says NO refund for the Beverage package because dead line to cancel it was 1 day before (the 4). It’s this true? Where is the written rules for the cancellation of the BP? I go to guest relations upon boarding, they don’t know anything about that so they write a email to X in Miami, until know NO answer. What I need to do to get the money of the BP back? Do I lost that money?? :(

Enviado desde mi iPhone Xs utilizando Forums

Geraldo, I was very sad to read your post about what happened to you and your DW at the airport. Though we’ve not met, I’ve enjoyed your posts and hope we four will end up on the same cruise someday.

Here is what I found on the Celebrity web site. The bold, italic emphasis is mine:

“*All prices listed are in USD and are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis. No refunds will be issued for unused credits. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service. Purchased packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.”

As you can see, it’s a bit ambiguous, because it appears that one can modify packages by canceling & reordering them up to four days prior to sailing, but it doesn’t specifically address cancellation without reordering. Based on this alone, I’d infer that you may be out of luck if you cancelled within four days of embarkation. In your shoes, I’d call Captain’s Club to confirm the policy. Good luck!

Sorry I couldn’t be more help,

Michelle

• Like 1

Hello just disembark the Summit 

Today in the morning the money from purchases done in the cruise planner (shore excursions and beverage package) appear in my credit card,  Stiill waiting for the gratuities, taxes and port fees. Tomorrow will be focused in the replacement of the defective USA visas later will post my review

Edited by gerelmx

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Today in the morning the money from purchases done in the cruise planner (shore excursions and beverage package) appear in my credit card,  Stiill waiting for the gratuities, taxes and port fees. Tomorrow will be focused in the replacement of the defective USA visas later will post my review

Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, gerelmx said:

I'm very happy to read that you've received refunds! I hope your wife's visa replacement goes smoothly and quickly:-)

• Like 1

Update about our defective USA Laser VISA

Today Lupita and Me was at the U.S. Consulate in Monterrey, we do the Non-immigrant Visa Application (DS-160) plus finger prints and photo, the Consul will determine if we are approved or require a interview with us.

Gerardo

23 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Update about our defective USA Laser VISA

Today Lupita and Me was at the U.S. Consulate in Monterrey, we do the Non-immigrant Visa Application (DS-160) plus finger prints and photo, the Consul will determine if we are approved or require a interview with us.

Gerardo

Good luck and all will be well and the Visa granted... after-all, who would want to stop us from cruising???

bon voyage

• Like 1