Seaside YC 3 generations - LIVE

missthesea

Our kids haven’t used the kids’ club yet or seen a show. They will soon. YC restaurant is great with kids. When we went in June, there were 50-some kids in YC - this was too much even for us, lol, and it seemed the restaurant worked hard to try and seat families on one side and others on another. They do dote on the kids, though. There is a high chair if needed and they will bring kid friendly food. Our kids are old enough to go back to cabin or sit nearby in the lounge and play a board game if we want to linger at dinner. You can also reserve a “dinner with the kids club” and the kids can eat at the buffet with other kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

movement of the ship changes each day--last week the first 2 days it was slightly rocky --the rest of the week it was no movement felt at all.

Is David new maitrd for this week?

Not sure the name of the MD last week

Just had a wonderful massage. Spa tips: book ahead from home. Prices are twice as much on board. Towels for the thermal spa are at the front desk - ask for 2. You’ll need one to keep in the locker room to dry off at the end. The lockers open and close with the bracelets. If you don’t have one, not sure if they lock.. There are 3 rainfall shower stalls and a handicapped bathroom in the Thermal Spa dressing room - but I don’t think the Thermal Spa itself seems accessible. Try the Warm Breeze shower and the heated loungers. The spa also has deck space outside with whirlpool. 76fa4e1310f749fcf60b3c3cf60d624d.jpg2e7133cbaa4be4eab4a74f4a56a5bc7d.jpg3947e27a539bcfae51821e4ff9cd23f6.jpg78bccfb43fd59a155614d9a56bcafdf0.jpgfab5e7a6a4e23b9420c8c1237ca7f6c5.jpg

thanks for taking the time to inform us while you are on your vacation!!

Ok-silly question here but there is a thread talking about this right now.

What kind of American TV channels are available.?

Cruise ship versions of TNT-TBS? News channels, any movie channels and please-what sports channels, if any for football??:o

Which massage did you get? Did they try to pressure you into buying any products after your massage?

I'd be interested in seeing prices for any in-port specials they might have for spa services.

Thanks again for taking us along!

What toiletries do they provide in the YC and what is the brand?

The brand is their own MED brand. Same fragrance that is piped throughout the ship. I love it and it makes everything smell so good! I. Always buy a few diffusers in the gift shop to bring home with me. I have it sitting in my closet and bathroom right now.

They provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll try to answer a few of your questions. David is new, but he may have been here last week.

I had the sports (deep tissue) massage. It was very nice. No pressure to buy products, but an additional massage was recommended and she gave me a card for 20% off another one during a port day. Any specials for the spa so far have not been as good as the 50% savings for booking pre-cruise. I’ll watch for details on any specials.

I’ll check on tv channels tomorrow. I know there is Cartoon Network!

Loungers were added to both shaded areas, smoking and non-smoking.

There are signs indicating that all of the outdoor area in front of the Topsail Lounge are now smoking.

Yes, toiletries are the MED brand. Nice scent, very unisex and clean smelling.

Tonight was elegant night. There were lots of dark suits and even a few long dresses. It seemed a little more formal than our June cruise, but we like seeing everyone dressed up. We even had one man looking very nice in a military uniform in the YC dining room. There were a few more casual folks, too. The dinner featured risotto and prime rib, both very good.

We loved the show - The Dream. Kids really enjoyed it. It’s true there isn’t a lot of plot in any of the shows, but the talent of the performers is really amazing and the small size of the theatre makes it feel intimate. There is a dancer who does some pole dancing - which seems odd for a family show (maybe not as odd to European audiences?), but it was not at all X rated, and we felt ok with the kids there. New for the Seaside, they have two center rows near the back reserved for YC. The butler takes you down to it, if you like. Of course it opens up to all just before the show begins. I’m not sure we’d use this perk every cruise, but it was very helpful traveling with our older parents to have a good seat with minimal walking. As to the “elevator perk”, we can’t bring ourselves to use that one.

Jamaica tomorrow!

893382d2489982c353b88498ea1ac18e.jpg4fb8bb1ba2264f5c84546147cd086f69.jpg

Loungers were added to both shaded areas, smoking and non-smoking.

There are signs indicating that all of the outdoor area in front of the Topsail Lounge are now smoking.

Great to hear about loungers in the shade on non-smoking side.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to make the whole outdoor area in front of Topsail smoking. They should keep it to one side so those who don't want to inhale smoke can enjoy the area as well.

Thanks for the great info you are sharing!

This is one thing the butler needs to explain a little more in detail

It is easy like opening the cabin door. Let's say 2 out of 6 elevators are "Priority" elevators. You hold your wristband or your cruise card to the reader next to the elevator until a light is green. The elevator will come to your deck. Once you are inside the elevator hold your wristband or cruise card to the reader next to the door (inside) and push the button of the deck you want to go. The elevator will go to this deck without stopping on other decks.

The YC elevator perk is basically a priority override.

Sorry, I mean the elevators (by passing other floors) -- can you get access to those decks without a card/wristband?

The elevator to the 18th and 19th YC decks can only be accessed once you enter the Yacht Club if my memory is serving me right. A means of easily controlling access. There is still elevator access but you have to get off the main elevator, enter the yacht club and then go up again.

We haven’t been to the tea, but I’ll take a look at the cart if we can.

We had a wonderful day today. We had arranged the day with Chris Tours in Ochos Rios. Highly recommend him - he was great with our kids and our parents, was easy to communicate with, a really nice guy. We went to Blue Hole with the kids, then Chris brought us back to the ship to pick up our parents. The YC staff helped secure wheelchair service for them down the long pier. We went to Scotchies for jerk chicken and did a little sightseeing. That was a great way to include our parents without tiring them out with an all day excursion.

Dinner was very nice. The maitre d’ brings us Italian meats to start with, as my husband’s family is Italian. The food is usually good to excellent.

Occasionally, one entree or meat will be just average, but the service is so good that it’s easily overlooked for us.

The show was The Wizard, very high energy. The “strong men” were amazing, and there were a few magic tricks.

We stopped at Venchi for gelato and Prosecco with chocolate and “Love at first sight” (Grey Goose, Amaretto, orange bitters and chocolate - yum) and watched some couples dance nearby.

Dad took our girls to dance a few songs at the silent disco. They liked it a lot. They still have not been to the kids’ club. They tried the water slides today and liked them. They did complain that one was slow and easy to get stuck in.

Heading to bed - Grand Cayman at 7:30 am tender!

95cb802bacf4a77820a457f6213351ad.jpgc1233ecfb894a418ff236156c9f772d8.jpgb741d5c2935ab871f3e91fe1c6424e40.jpg48e4c0c1b9795ceed92d99ad86dbce74.jpg

This is the “bird man”, he carves beautiful birdhouses out of coconuts - $12 by the roadside.

221284a7fa8e05931e33b9f71300e907.jpgae62b16af6a8649a76fb33dec1145df4.jpg

• Like 1