Itinery change

For months we have been watching Pride of Panama/Mayan Treasures for 16/02/2016 only for them to drop Belize and the San Blas Islands a few weeks ago. Not the end of the world given some of the reviews about San Blas. Logged on this morning to find it has now changed totally to Mayan Treasures followed by,youll never guess, Mayan Treasures. Has anybody booked this cruise, now to be told the second week is almost the same as the first week and if so where do you stand with a refund?:mad::mad:

Went to have a look as that is unbelievable. I know the new website has a glitch or two, but find that change over the top. We did Pride of Panama and Mayan Treasures this January and made Belize but got a bonus sea day instead of San Blas, but your change surely has to be an error!!

I was in a Thomson TA this morning and asked in there about itinerary changes, and she looked and said nothing has changed, but she was on the old website and didn't seem to know there was a new website today.

Also asked her about hand luggage as the new website shows 5kg and we have always had 7 kg for a cruise, and she said it has always been 5 kg allowance, so I left.

I just entered the details this morning but as 2 seperate 7 day cruises and Pride of Panama is still following Mayan Treasures week so it looks like it may be ok. See how long it takes them to sort the website out.

that could be because the new cruise website is basically a shadow of their holidays website, you only get 5kg hand luggage allowance on thomson holidays

they are probably using the same (t&c) pages

so far, this new cruise website of theirs is a complete mess:rolleyes:

that could be because the new cruise website is basically a shadow of their holidays website, you only get 5kg hand luggage allowance on thomson holidays

they are probably using the same (t&c) pages

so far, this new cruise website of theirs is a complete mess:rolleyes:

Well there's a surprise.!!:rolleyes::D

has anyone noticed that the ai on celebration in caribbean is an odd price now?

reduced from £199 per person to £181.54 & half pence each? (wonder what the half pence is for?)

strangely its £182 for a single?:confused:

i thinks that thomsons may need to get some new batteries in their calculator:rolleyes::D

• 1 month later...

I rang to pay the balance last week and queried the itinerary. Despite our confirmation e mail saying Belize we are in fact doing another day in Honduras.This changed in August yet they havent bothered updating the system. Also you get the chance to fill in your embarkation details via a link except the first thing it asks for is a 7 digit booking reference.Unfortunately mine is only 6 digits. "its a new thing we are trying but its not working very well" Get away! None of the other links regarding checking baggage allowance work and apparently "Transfers are not included" so looks like we have to find our own way from the airport to the ship! Yeah,right. My daughter could do a better website than this.:mad:

With regards to hand luggage, I just looked in the Ask a Question section and it still says 7kg.Confusing

My brain hurts over the question of hand luggage allowance.

The brochure says 7kg

50:) booking amendment printouts say refer to web page, which says 5kg

dummy online booking for the same cruise says 7kg

previous cruises were 7kg

If there is no further information there may well be issues at check-in.

I have just telephoned Thomson and the lady said it was 5kg. I then said the brochure & previous cruises were 7kg. She then said that she believed I might be correct as she had second thoughts and went to ask her manager. The answer was 7kg so long as it complied with the size requirements.

Dare we risk it?

Len

Edited by Len Baker

My brain hurts over the question of hand luggage allowance.

The brochure says 7kg

50:) booking amendment printouts say refer to web page, which says 5kg

dummy online booking for the same cruise says 7kg

previous cruises were 7kg

If there is no further information there may well be issues at check-in.

I have just telephoned Thomson and the lady said it was 5kg. I then said the brochure & previous cruises were 7kg. She then said that she believed I might be correct as she had second thoughts and went to ask her manager. The answer was 7kg so long as it complied with the size requirements.

Dare we risk it?

Len

Yes! Definitely! But tear the relevant page out of the brochure and take it with you. At Bournemouth Airport a few years ago the same debate took place at check in and they refused to accept it was 7kg - taking the package holiday non-cruise allowance and applying to all passengers.

The lady in front of me had to redistribute her packing into hold luggage to avoid paying xs. I did try to intervene and tell her she was correct but they didn't back down. Fortunately we were within 5kg - I think we stuffed some stuff into our pockets as we witnessed the altercation develop :D but since then, I've always taken the printed info from the current brochure to wave at some supervisor if necessary.

I was sufficiently annoyed to write to the airport on our return mainly in terms of a polite 'putting the record straight'/for your information style approach which wasn't at all confrontational. I received a brusque, rude, dismissive letter in response which did not concede their error. Now I did take exception to that and wrote back quoting the brochure, their poor training/knowledge of the airline's T&Cs and in particular their dreadful PR especially given they were in the wrong! They didn't reply to that! It beggars belief in my book, not that they made an error - anyone can make a mistake, but the attitude towards the passenger and tone of their response to me which was so bad. Still that's just an unfortunate incident but it has reinforced to me the need to carry some documentation just in case you come across other ill informed check-in staff.

So go with your 7kg but with printed confirmation (a screen dump of the relevant online booking info or brochure). And have a great time!

I was stopped last September and was informed that they would not accept details in the brochure, as it could be out of date, fortunately I was able to pull over a Thomson rep who confirmed the 7kg was correct, I was 6.2kg so would have had a problem, this is why I asked for and received confirmation in writing which I will present if the problem arises again. Unfortunately I can't post it as they have the confidentiality clause on the email😕

Because of all the problems with hand luggage allowances, itinerary changes and OBC I shall have to purchase extra luggage allowance to take all of this paperwork!!!!!!!

We should not be put in the position of having to request individual letters from Thomson, the customer service kings. It is better to try to resolve now so as not to have a detrimental effect on the cruise.

Len

Because of all the problems with hand luggage allowances, itinerary changes and OBC I shall have to purchase extra luggage allowance to take all of this paperwork!!!!!!!

We should not be put in the position of having to request individual letters from Thomson, the customer service kings. It is better to try to resolve now so as not to have a detrimental effect on the cruise.

Len

I keep all the emails on my phone in a folder marked Thomson. Then I can always refer to them when required!!!!