Prinsendam upsell: I'm weak, I jumped!

manteonc

We are getting ready for our very first Prinsendam cruise, 14 days. I already was very happy with the Vista cabin guarantee, and thought I had convinced myself to ignore upsell offers. Ha! Still a month out, I got an upsell offer today to a Signature Suite for $249pp. I knew a better one would come if I could just wait, and I tried to hold out. I was strong for two hours, but I caved and booked. Because we had gotten a very good sale price to begin with, we now have a Prinsendam 14 day Signature Suite for $160pp/pd. It should be an excellent 14 days. We love to eat on our balcony but it usually is so difficult to manage. I understand that our balcony table now, though small, is dining height, so yaaa! Thanks for giving me somewhere to be excited!

Let's get you even more excited. We had a Signature suite on the Prinsendam and 48 hours before we were ready to leave they offered us a very reasonable upsell to one of the very grand Neptune Suite on the Sky Deck and it was worth every extra penny. You got a great deal and glad you grabbed it, but still keep your options open. You never know who or why someone has to cancel at the last minute.

Very exciting! Just returned home two weeks ago from a Signature Suite, Venice to Rome. Amazing! Check out the Signature Experience if offered! The balcony is a great size, two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and you’re right, a small dining height round table. We enjoyed our (room service) coffee out there every morning, quite often pulling into a new beautiful port, and we enjoyed the sunsets out there, and naps on those loungers. I was tempted to sleep on the balcony. Enjoy your trip!!

Having enjoyed a Prinsendam Signature Suite, you made an excellent decision. The storage space is amazing. My traveling companion's and my cruise was a 14 day Christmas/New Year's Cruise with formal wear, etc. There were storage areas that we left empty. The bathroom with the annex allowed for Nadine to have her own (she did allow me to use the bathtub/shower) and I had my own lavatory/toilet. A very nice sized veranda where, like others, we enjoyed breakfast or even lunch. The "living room" area of the suite also is roomy.

The only really odd thing was that the wall next to the bathtub had a mirror attached to it. One could watch one bathe.

Great price! Wow, a month out. I am less than two weeks out and am still keeping an eye out for upsells. (Different sailing.) Congratulations!

Me too. I’ve got a C guarantee but no assignment yet and no upgrade offer yet. I sail 9/16. My birthday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy smokes! There are two lavs in the Prinsendam Signature Suites?!?

There were in ours. The suite we had was one of the original ones of that category when the vessel was a Royal Viking Lines ship. So, I assume that all of those suites had a full bath and a lavatory/commode annex next to it. Each had sliding doors to separate it from the other and the larger bathroom had a sliding door that separated it from the room itself. It was great!

(Although I really never quite got used to seeing myself showering due to that mirror on the wall above the bathtub/shower combo.)

There were in ours. The suite we had was one of the original ones of that category when the vessel was a Royal Viking Lines ship. So, I assume that all of those suites had a full bath and a lavatory/commode annex next to it. Each had sliding doors to separate it from the other and the larger bathroom had a sliding door that separated it from the room itself. It was great!

(Although I really never quite got used to seeing myself showering due to that mirror on the wall above the bathtub/shower combo.)

How lovely! I am beginning to see why some love this ship’s uniqueness.

All the Signature suites and Neptune suites on the ship are original and yes they all have the separate toilet & basin. I love it as guests don't need to go through your bathroom & we both can prepare. It's great :)

Signature suites on this ship are cozy, spacious and just plain lovely :)

All the diagrams I've seen of the Prinsendam Neptune and Signature suites show a shower, two sinks and one toilet. I have not seen any pictures with two toilets. They are divided but the main bathroom shows a shower and sink and the other room has the toilet and other sink. Are all the diagrams wrong?

All the diagrams I've seen of the Prinsendam Neptune and Signature suites show a shower, two sinks and one toilet. I have not seen any pictures with two toilets. They are divided but the main bathroom shows a shower and sink and the other room has the toilet and other sink. Are all the diagrams wrong?

No, that is how our Signature Suite was laid out. Our bathroom was 2 rooms, one of which had a sink and tub/shower while the adjoining room (which had two doors...one between the two bathrooms and the other to the cabin) has a toilet and a second sink. DW and I loved the layout.

Hank