ms Maasdam in FLL and ms Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau September 10, 2018

Scrapnana

Busy day for the addicts!

Fresh from drydock, Maasdam will be at pier 4 (port to) from 0500-1700. She will be heading out to an interesting itinerary - Kon Tiki Voyager - which has a 32 or 48 day version. Maasdam is the only cruise ship in port.

Cruise Schedule

:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

(10 Sep d1700);

Santa Marta, Colombia

(13 Sep 0800-1700);

San Blas Islands, Panama

(14 Sep 1200-1800);

Panama Canal (Cruising Canal)

(15 Sep 0500-0500);

Golfito, Costa Rica

(17 Sep 0800-1700);

Quepos, Costa Rica

(18 Sep 0800-1700);

Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica

(19 Sep 0700-1800);

Guayaquil, Ecuador

(22 Sep 0800-1800);

Salaverry (Trujillo), Peru

(24 Sep 0600-1700);

Callao (Lima), Peru

(25 Sep a1000);

Pisco, Peru

(27 Sep 0700-1600);

Easter Island, Chile

(02 Oct a0800);

Pitcairn Island

(07 Oct 0800-1400);

Fakarava, French Polynesia

(10 Oct 0800-1700);

Rangiroa, French Polynesia

(11 Oct 0800-1500);

Bora Bora, French Polynesia

(12 Oct 0800-2300);

Moorea, French Polynesia

(13 Oct 0800-1700);

Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

(13 Oct a2000);

Atuona, French Polynesia

(17 Oct 1200-1800);

Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia

(18 Oct 0800-2200);

Rangiroa, French Polynesia

(20 Oct 0700-1700);

Huahine, French Polynesia

(21 Oct 0800-1700);

Bora Bora, French Polynesia

(22 Oct 0700-2200);

Rarotonga, Cook Islands

(24 Oct 0800-1700);

Raiatea, French Polynesia

(26 Oct 0800-2300);

Moorea, French Polynesia

(27 Oct 0800-1700);

Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

(27 Oct a2000(+0)disembark)

44472064982_831456b833_m.jpg

The PTZtv webcams can be found at http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ and http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

In Juneau, Eurodam will be at the AS dock and Nieuw Amsterdam at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

A beautiful day in Juneau with sunny skies and a 0% chance of rain. High will be 71F/22C and a low of 45F/7C. Sunrise is at 6:17 am and sunset at 7:31 pm.

Also in port are Ruby Princess at the FKL dock from 1100-2200 and Solstice at the AJ dock from 1330-2200.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Amsterdam on Tuesday.

ETA: The new HAL website makes it difficult to get the itinerary and a picture. I will experiment before the next FLL sail-away.

I have a couple of meetings and am unlikely to be here but have a couple of comments:

I looked at the Juneau webcam today and it was empty. 4 ships due there but all cancelled due to winds.

I expect the Maasdam will leave well after the ships arrive in Juneau. I think between coming back from drydock and starting an epic voyage delays will be inevitable.

Have fun

Roy

Scrapnana -

Email me if this is too confusing, but here's the hack for grabbing the image. When you are looking at a voyage, you'll see an Asset/Voyage Code in the URL line of your browser. In this example, we're looking at a 14 Western/Eastern on the Nieuw Amsterdam and the code you want is: C8X14C. I've highlighted it in yellow an circled it in red for your convenience - and because I care.

hal-itty-hack-1.JPG

Take the code you find there and place it into this URL string in place of the XXXXXX

https://www.hollandamerica.com/map/itineraries/XXXXXX/images/en_US_XXXXXX_mobile_2x.jpg

If you want a smaller map, just replace the 2x with 1x like so:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/map/itineraries/XXXXXX/images/en_US_XXXXXX_mobile_1x.jpg

hal-itty-hack-2.JPG

Smaller version:

hal-itty-hack-3.JPG

Basically, I just looked under the hood to see how they rendered the images for the mobile versions of the page. The ones on the site are drawn on the fly using a bunch of vector commands. They can't do that well on the mobile version, so it was just a matter of figuring out how to get at the mobile assets.

Hope that makes sense.

The results of using the codes >> 2x version:

en_US_C8X14C_mobile_2x.jpg

and 1x version:

en_US_C8X14C_mobile_1x.jpg

Edited by POA1

Just realized that the mobile apps mess up the code for CODE, so here it is "mobile-ized."

https ://www.hollandamerica.com/map/itineraries/XXXXXX/images/en_US_XXXXXX_mobile_2x.jpg

https. ://www.hollandamerica.com/map/itineraries/XXXXXX/images/en_US_XXXXXX_mobile_1x.jpg

Just take out the extra space after the https

Is there a different code to use for laptops? The code you gave me works when I am using the CC app on my iPad but won't show up on my laptop. The map I posted was made by clicking on the code link you gave me, saving a copy to my hard drive and then uploading to flickr.

Is there a different code to use for laptops? The code you gave me works when I am using the CC app on my iPad but won't show up on my laptop. The map I posted was made by clicking on the code link you gave me, saving a copy to my hard drive and then uploading to flickr.
What operating system is your laptop? If you can email me at the link in my signature, I can hook you up.

The image URL from the HAL site need to be wrapped in IMG tags. You can either use the Image button above, or you can type it out. You won't need to do the Flickr paste thing. I can't type the instructions because the BBS software will interpret the codes and render the images. However.... I can upload the images as screen caps and paste them.

(1) Using the image button. First, find the map URL using the instructions above. Copy the URL from your browser's location bar. Next, paste the URL into the image button paste-box. Then click the OK button. Like so:

hal-itty-hack-4.JPG

hal-itty-hack-5.JPG

hal-itty-hack-6.JPG

(2) Straight up hand-coding:

hal-itty-hack-7.JPG

=====

en_US_T8P15A_mobile_1x.jpg

If you want to get really fancy, you can wrap the map image in CENTER codes or use the center button.

I have a couple of meetings and am unlikely to be here but have a couple of comments:

I looked at the Juneau webcam today and it was empty. 4 ships due there but all cancelled due to winds.

I expect the Maasdam will leave well after the ships arrive in Juneau. I think between coming back from drydock and starting an epic voyage delays will be inevitable.

Have fun

Roy

I just took a look at the webcam. Celebrity Millenium (supposed to be in Juneau yesterday) apparently swapped ports with Skagway and is currently at (I think) the CT dock, although it might be FKL.

I sure hope she'll be gone when Nieuw Amsterdam arrives.

Roy

Looking forward to seeing the sail away. I have friends who will be on board for 232 days.

I wondered if somebody would book the entire Maasdam voyage from Ft Lauderdale back to the USA. They never quoted a price for it, but if you figure the world cruise is only 1/2 of that, then 20,000 x 2 = 40,000 for minimal accommodations.

It is also a long time to be away from your Dr, etc., but then some do basically live aboard.

Please share any info with us.