Need a good reliable quick tan product

Morisnfan

I have gone on many cruises after carefully self tanning and as soon as I hit a beach, pool, or get a massage, its smudgy and gross, as one would expect. So this year, Im on the hunt for a quick fix for after Im out of the water and all smudged up. Ive only tried Tarte brand, and it seems to have changed and doesnt work for me now.

I realize its vain to be so concerned with this, but I had huge health issues for about a year now and am finally done with treatments. My hair is barely growing back, and I just want to somehow feel pretty on my trip.

Any advice?

Suave has a good self-tanner...it's a lotion like Jergons, but doesn't have that nasty smell that Jergen's has. Jergen's used to have a "foam" tanner, and that worked great...any scent quickly evaporated. None of them are "instant", but if you moisturize the ankles, elbows and other "wrinkly" areas, it does a pretty good job. They only last a while...meant to be applied at LEAST every other day. Find one IN ADVANCE that works best for you....some stain the skin (which is good!)...some are only "topical", like makeup....and that will smudge more than a stain!

If you have had health issues, would you be willing to discuss this request with your physicians? These tend to be heavy on chemicals and colourants, and in your immune compromised state, it might not be healthy, or it might not react as you want, or you might over react to them. I would also be concerned about sun sensitivity and might resort to a pretty caftan, maxi dress, or something flowy but offering sun protection to more skin exposure to feel feminine and pretty. I sure love strutting my stuff in flowy fabrics with flowers or bold prints.

I am tire, and I can tan with a lot of effort but having a basal cell removed from my cheek in my late 20s means I am not about to even think about doing that. For important occasions I go get a $25–35 spray tan from my salon. But at times other times my favorites are:

banana boat, summer color self tanning lotion - Immediate results

Tarte Braziliance plus - immediate results

St. Tropez products - Immediate results

Jergen’s natural glow - A daily moisturizer that deals color over several days

Happy sailing,

Lynn

Thank you, my CC friends! I'll be checking a few of these out!

Wow, I just re-read mine and it’s butchered LOL I was dictating it as I was almost literally running out the door... hopefully the important data was communicated (even if it looks like I learned English from another country :')

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...