When is the Best Time to Book the Free Parking

tring

We have a cruise booked for next August with free parking as one of P&O's perks. I seem to remember something about P&O charging people if they book the free parking and then need to cancel their cruise - am I right about that and does that still apply?

I would like to book the free parking so we do not forget, but if it cannot be cancelled and we are charged even if we do not sail on that cruise, we may put it off for nearer to the time.

Can anyone advise please?

We have a cruise booked for next August with free parking as one of P&O's perks. I seem to remember something about P&O charging people if they book the free parking and then need to cancel their cruise - am I right about that and does that still apply?

I would like to book the free parking so we do not forget, but if it cannot be cancelled and we are charged even if we do not sail on that cruise, we may put it off for nearer to the time.

Can anyone advise please?

We have had the misfortune of having to cancel a cruise with free parking on a couple of occasions, one on the day of departure, and were not charged for parking on either occasion. There is no reason I can see for not booking early, if you do, you have no need to worry about forgetting to do so nearer the time

If the parking is free, how can you be charged?

Whilst the parking appears to be free, P&O obviously pay CPS for each parking space they give free as part of their booking and pricing policy. If they are only invoiced for spaces actually used rather than booked (likely to be the same in many cases), P&O will not be out of pocket so will therefore have no need to request that the passenger pays if they do not use the space P&O has bought in order to give away for ‘free’.

• 3 weeks later...