Arcade Prices on Gem

loubeee

Hi all! We are sailing on the Gem in less than a month!! Upon exploring myNCL, I noticed you can purchase arcade passes.

We enjoy arcade games so we will make us of it, I am just not sure how much it costs to play per game and per person, therefore making the passes worthwhile or not.

In order to play 2 man games (air hockey for example), would we both need to pay or just one of us?

Thanks for your help!

Happy Sailing!

We are on the Gem Nov 15th for our 3rd Gem voyage - love this ship and the crew. My son loves the arcade, and I am excited to hear about "passes" - this is news to us. Across all cruise ships in the NCL line the arcade prices go from cheap (1$ games) to pricey - $5 "3D rides" - that being said, we limit my 9 yo to 20$/day playing games. Usually he finds another eager player to share games - that way each child plays a few rounds for free.

It's a bit indulgent, I admit - but we really don't have any access to an arcade around us, and honestly - we have a great time as well on the motorcycle races, shooting space guns - and table hockey...old fashioned but very fun. 

Amy

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 1:16 AM, momto2js said:

You have to buy it for everyone in the cabin. We figure 4 games a day to break even.

No you don't anymore. Since they more than doubled the price, you can share the pass amongst the people in your cabin, but you are limited to 3 swipes every 3 minutes.

The passes now cost $23 per day. They were originally $8 per day, but everyone in your room was required to buy one.

Play on (and on and on)! Purchase the Ultimate Arcade Package and enjoy select arcade games for your entire cruise.

Ultimate Arcade Package must be purchased for at least one guest within the stateroom.

Guests can play select arcade games for the duration of their current cruise. The Ultimate Arcade Package includes arcade games with Green colored swipes. All other prize and ticket issuing games, including vending will be charged at posted price. The Ultimate Arcade Package sharing controls includes limiting guests to three (3) swipes every three (3) minutes. If compromised, the card will be disabled for 15 minutes. Norwegian Cruise Line management reserves the right to alter or change package structure at any time.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Also, for anyone who is wondering, skee ball is NOT included. No games that award prizes or tickets are included. Bowling is not included. Pretty much every racing/shooting/video game is included. Basketball and air hockey are both included.

Oh! Darts and pool are also included!