Lunch options on boarding day

Shoveler

I know that it's possible to have a lunch at the buffet the first day when we board the ship. But is there any other options? Is the O'Sheehans bar and grill offer meals for lunch the boarding day?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I know that it's possible to have a lunch at the buffet the first day when we board the ship. But is there any other options? Is the O'Sheehans bar and grill offer meals for lunch the boarding day?

Yes. One of the MDRs will be open as well even though they often try to direct you to the buffet.

Which ship? Are you staying in a suite?

I'm not the original poster but also interested in options as I detest buffets, they just gross me out.

I'm on Breakaway in the Haven for first time.

I'm not the original poster but also interested in options as I detest buffets, they just gross me out.

I'm on Breakaway in the Haven for first time.

You will board, be taken to the Haven were you can have lunch in the Haven restaurant

Buffet at 11:30

O’Shehans at 11:30

Taste/Savor at noon

Margaritavill at noon (additional cost).

Love the way you think! We love NCL. Cruised carnival and RCCL this spring. Neither have a MDR open on embarkation day. Sitting down to a nice lunch with a glass of wine is the official start of the cruise! You just don’t get that at a buffet... O’Sheehans is more pub food but still sit down service with bar. Taste or Savor will be more quiet. Either will be great. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that it's possible to have a lunch at the buffet the first day when we board the ship.

But is there any other options?

Is the O'Sheehans bar and grill offer meals for lunch the boarding day?

Love the way you think! We love NCL.

Sitting down to a nice lunch with a glass of wine is the official start of the cruise!

O’Sheehans is more pub food but still sit down service with bar.

Taste or Savor will be more quiet.

Either will be great.

Enjoy!![/quote]

Lunchs, on the first day, are like orgasms.

They are all good; some better than others.

You will board, be taken to the Haven were you can have lunch in the Haven restaurant

Oh thank you, that is great!!

I don't like buffets where people are leaning over, breathing on and even touching food, yikes. About the only time I will do a buffet is when they have servers, you ask and point, don't touch

On my last 2 NCL cruises the M&G group had group lunches in the MDR.

Margaritaville is typically complimentary on embarkation day if you are staying in the Haven. Highly recommend this. It was filled with people from the Haven and a great way to start the cruise.

Margaritaville is typically complimentary on embarkation day if you are staying in the Haven. Highly recommend this. It was filled with people from the Haven and a great way to start the cruise.

Good to know, TY

There is always a MDR open and yes, OSheehans. we always head right there the minute we board. We have a nice lunch, do a little people watching and have a drink of two.Than we head to the cabin, drop off whatever we have come on board with and go make reservations for specialty dining rooms.

Oh thank you, that is great!!

I don't like buffets where people are leaning over, breathing on and even touching food, yikes. About the only time I will do a buffet is when they have servers, you ask and point, don't touch

What do you think the cooks and servers are doing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always go to the MDR for lunch. Having to seek out a table while loaded down with carry-ons, then stand in line to serve ourselves, is not the way to start a cruise.

The crew tries to direct passengers to the buffet instead.

I might have to try that this cruise, although I suspect I'll get overruled and we'll head to the buffet as usual.

I suspect it has to do with capacity, one dining room is no where near sufficient to handle even a good fraction the guests embarking for their cruise. I cannot recall on the Getaway, but I do remember having to hunt for a table on Carnival ships when getting on board, I can't imagine what it would be like in a MDR if a large portion of the guests were headed to it.

What do you think the cooks and servers are doing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cooks and servers usually have hair nets or at very least hair pulled back and gloves on, big difference from someone with long hair hanging over tray with their hair almost in the tray, I've also witnessed people "sampling" by sticking their finger in food to grab a piece.

Hey we all have our quirks, this is mine :)

It was mentioned that they try to steer you to the buffet and that has been our experience as well. We still find the MDR that is open. Another mentioned the hassle of dragging around the carry-ons. All ships we have sailed have a bar area that has a checked bag service. For free, tagged and staffed. We find that area first, check our carry-ons and head for lunch or a quick walk of the ship. Pick them up once room availability is announced.

It was mentioned that they try to steer you to the buffet and that has been our experience as well.

We still find the MDR that is open.

Another mentioned the hassle of dragging around the carry-ons.

All ships we have sailed have a bar area that has a checked bag service. For free, tagged and staffed.

We find that area first, check our carry-ons and head for lunch or a quick walk of the ship.

Pick them up once room availability is announced.

The Hungry

Nice post !

My DW tags the buffet as "The Hungry Heifer"; for those who think the ship will soon run out of food.

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

It was mentioned that they try to steer you to the buffet and that has been our experience as well. We still find the MDR that is open. Another mentioned the hassle of dragging around the carry-ons. All ships we have sailed have a bar area that has a checked bag service. For free, tagged and staffed. We find that area first, check our carry-ons and head for lunch or a quick walk of the ship. Pick them up once room availability is announced.

Wow, never knew that!

Thank you! I had no idea and plan to take advantage of that on the Sun.