Showers on the Island Princess.

green flash

We are going on the Panama Canel cruise on the Island Princess Oct.31.I have been looking at some of the Videos of the rooms on the ship and it looks like the showers are really small with a fixed shower head.I am not a small person and it looks like I would have problems showering.I saw in the new rooms they have hand held showers and in the Mini Suites they have a bathtub.I am also handicapped and have to use a cane because of back problems.

If you wish to try to request an Accessible cabin you better hurry. Princess website shows only one left for that sailing.

But I am 6'3" and, um, can never be accused of skipping any meals. And I have no problems with the showers on Princess ships--including Island this past May in Alaska. Though I did fail to keep the curtain inside a couple times more on Island than on previous cruises. But I'm sure the stewards are long used to sopping wet bath mats from most every cabin by now.

We've cruised on several Princess ships, large & small. Pretty sure all the showers were the same size. At least that's the case with inside cabins. We sailed once on the Island. The shower wasn't different from showers on the other ships, to the best of my memory.

If you wish to try to request an Accessible cabin you better hurry. Princess website shows only one left for that sailing.

But I am 6'3" and, um, can never be accused of skipping any meals. And I have no problems with the showers on Princess ships--including Island this past May in Alaska. Though I did fail to keep the curtain inside a couple times more on Island than on previous cruises. But I'm sure the stewards are long used to sopping wet bath mats from most every cabin by now.

I'm 6'1 and not "thin" by any means. I have no issue with the shower. Yes, I prefer my shower at home but the one on the ship is not really a problem. As for the shower curtain either bring binder clips for the bottom or simply wet the bottom corners of the curtain and you can stick it to the inside of the shower. Works well for me. (I saw this suggested by Pam in CA quite some time ago and never bothered taking binder clips again.)

I'm 6'1 and not "thin" by any means. I have no issue with the shower. Yes, I prefer my shower at home but the one on the ship is not really a problem. As for the shower curtain either bring binder clips for the bottom or simply wet the bottom corners of the curtain and you can stick it to the inside of the shower. Works well for me. (I saw this suggested by Pam in CA quite some time ago and never bothered taking binder clips again.)

I use towel clips, 'cuz I'm bringing them anyway.

We are going on the Panama Canel cruise on the Island Princess Oct.31.I have been looking at some of the Videos of the rooms on the ship and it looks like the showers are really small with a fixed shower head.I am not a small person and it looks like I would have problems showering.I saw in the new rooms they have hand held showers and in the Mini Suites they have a bathtub.I am also handicapped and have to use a cane because of back problems.

You can email to:

accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com

and request a hand held shower if you want. I had it done several times.

You can also ask for a shower chair or anything you need. They should tell you if it is not available.

I forgot to ask but are there USB plugins in the rooms to charge electronics?

I have never seen any. I bring extension cords so I can plug in several at one time. There is usually a spare plug behind the tv so you can place all the devices behind the small rail while charging.

I have never seen any. I bring extension cords so I can plug in several at one time. There is usually a spare plug behind the tv so you can place all the devices behind the small rail while charging.

a) On some of the recent ship upgrades they have been installing lamps that have a USB port for charging.

b) As newer (and larger) TVs are being retrofitted to ships for the Royal Princess type on-demand TV, the spare plug behind the TV is no longer accessible.

Thanks,I have a Plug in that I take when going to resorts that I can plug in to use two USB cables and four reg plug ins.Most new ships that are built now have USB plug ins but where the Island Princess is older I can see where there are no USB plugins on her.

Thanks,I have a Plug in that I take when going to resorts that I can plug in to use two USB cables and four reg plug ins.Most new ships that are built now have USB plug ins but where the Island Princess is older I can see where there are no USB plugins on her.

As long as it is not surge protected, you will be ok.