Anyone Tried the New AI Yet?

Eglesbrech

Has anyone been on one of the trial cruises for this as yet and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Was the choice and quality sufficient, did you have any issues getting served etc.

It would be interesting to hear some first hand feedback.

Has anyone been on one of the trial cruises for this as yet and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Was the choice and quality sufficient, did you have any issues getting served etc.

It would be interesting to hear some first hand feedback.

Hoping someone posts info soon.

Can’t remember if you can use obc to purchase tho can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hoping someone posts info soon.

Can’t remember if you can use obc to purchase tho can anyone confirm?

P&O have confirmed that OBC can be used towards paying for drinks package but as always Peninsular Club tier discount will not kick in until all OBC used. So if you purchase a drinks package for on 14 nt cruise it would cost £1100 approx and if you had say £200obc you would only get your Peninsular Club discount on remaining £900.

P&O have confirmed that OBC can be used towards paying for drinks package but as always Peninsular Club tier discount will not kick in until all OBC used. So if you purchase a drinks package for on 14 nt cruise it would cost £1100 approx and if you had say £200obc you would only get your Peninsular Club discount on remaining £900.

Thanks - only my second cruise so no other discount but £400 obc - which means if the package costs £1040 (£80 x 13) it’ll actually cost me £640 which is = £50 for 2 a day - Bargain!

Hope people realise that as per details of Ultimate Drinks Package P&O state-

"Only available on cruises of five nights or more and must be purchased for every day of the cruise"

So on the day you embark you will be charged £79.90 even though you might not get onboard until mid afternoon so a 14 nt cruise for 2 people will cost £1118-60p.

"Only available on cruises of five nights or more and must be purchased for every day of the cruise"

So on the day you embark you will be charged £79.90 even though you might not get onboard until mid afternoon so a 14 nt cruise for 2 people will cost £1118-60p.

No you’re given till the 2nd day to buy the package

IMG_8887.thumb.JPG.e52d282acb9cc0c175090adbcf8ebdf2.JPG

No you’re given till the 2nd day to buy the package

[ATTACH]426409[/ATTACH]

Yes but if you read the second comment in Restrictions heading it states like I said that the package must be purchased for every day of your cruise. You might have until 2 nd day to buy it but they will still charge you from the start of the cruise not from 2nd day when you signed up for it because you are agreeing to pay it.

Yes but if you read the second comment in Restrictions heading it states like I said that the package must be purchased for every day of your cruise. You might have until 2 nd day to buy it but they will still charge you from the start of the cruise not from 2nd day when you signed up for it because you are agreeing to pay it.

I doubt that, who’s going to pay for half a day on the day BEFORE you buy it, that’s why they give you till 2nd day (which you will pay for) but I’ll email P&O to confirm.

I doubt that, who’s going to pay for half a day on the day BEFORE you buy it, that’s why they give you till 2nd day (which you will pay for) but I’ll email P&O to confirm.

But that is what is in the T&Cs. You can take up until 2 nd day but any drinks drunk on first day if within rules will be wiped off your account. They havent put "must be purchased for every day of the cruise" if they only charge you from 2nd day that is how they will make money out of it. If you are thinking of purchasing or anyone else considering it buy as soon as you get onboard or ask on 2nd day but they will just tell you price of package for the cruise which will include embarkation day.

But that is what is in the T&Cs. You can take up until 2 nd day but any drinks drunk on first day if within rules will be wiped off your account. They havent put "must be purchased for every day of the cruise" if they only charge you from 2nd day that is how they will make money out of it. If you are thinking of purchasing or anyone else considering it buy as soon as you get onboard or ask on 2nd day but they will just tell you price of package for the cruise which will include embarkation day.

Are you looking at T&C’s that you can post please? The only thing I’ve seen is the advert I posted earlier which doesn’t give your explanation - only that you have till midnight day 2 to purchase.

In any event, regardless of the ruling, I’m happy to purchase given the obc we have offsetting the cost but thanks for the heads up.

Hi...that to me seems an awful lot of money on drink....unless you are a " serious" drinker. As you pointed out on day one it will be for only half a day and I would think the day before disembarkation that in the evening you may well curtail your consumption. To be drinking £40 of drink every single day I would think takes some doing for quite a lot of people.

Having said that on one of our cruises next year we have an AI package but it is £19 per day....quite a big difference in cost and well worth it for us as I enjoy speciality coffees/teas....have at least 4 a day....a couple of G&Ts ....couple of glasses of wine with our main meals and an ice cream or two and a couple of bottles of water during the day. The spirits/alcoholic drinks are branded not cheap " substitutes" like you can be given in AI resort hotels.

Not entirely convinced by Caravan 37's working out to £50 per day for 2. If the OBC was used for excursions/in the shops/spa treatments/speciality restaurants then it wouldn't be such a bargain.

Hi...that to me seems an awful lot of money on drink....unless you are a " serious" drinker. As you pointed out on day one it will be for only half a day and I would think the day before disembarkation that in the evening you may well curtail your consumption. To be drinking £40 of drink every single day I would think takes some doing for quite a lot of people.

Having said that on one of our cruises next year we have an AI package but it is £19 per day....quite a big difference in cost and well worth it for us as I enjoy speciality coffees/teas....have at least 4 a day....a couple of G&Ts ....couple of glasses of wine with our main meals and an ice cream or two and a couple of bottles of water during the day. The spirits/alcoholic drinks are branded not cheap " substitutes" like you can be given in AI resort hotels.

Not entirely convinced by Caravan 37's working out to £50 per day for 2. If the OBC was used for excursions/in the shops/spa treatments/speciality restaurants then it wouldn't be such a bargain.

As I’ve said before @ £6.75 for a large glass of wine and about the same for cocktails it doesn’t take a huge amount of alcohol to be consumed to reach £40 pp pd given that I would also be buying bottles of water/soft drinks/coffees etc

£1000 does ‘sound’ a lot for drinks but over 2 weeks in the Caribbean during New Year I don’t think it’s excessive ‘for us’ given our drinks preferences and travelling group.

Also as I’m being given £200pp obc I can spend that how I like whether that is on trips/drinks/spa but choose to use it as a way of offsetting the package cost and thereby ‘reducing’ the £40pppd of the drinks package. I may well not buy any P&O excursions and don’t usually use the spa

We seem to have 3 (or 4 if you count the top one) threads in play on this subject - perhaps the mods could merge them ?

No, cos one is for those who want a package. One is for those who don’t and the other is for those who can’t make their mind up.

Simples.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, cos one is for those who want a package. One is for those who don’t and the other is for those who can’t make their mind up.

Simples.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we could even have one for people who want to express shock/horror at the amount of alcohol some people will consume on their own holiday [emoji23][emoji6]

:'):'):')That made me chuckle! :');-)

Love the comments from Caravan and Dai -- ;)

When the package becomes available across the fleet then there will no doubt be the 'Is it possible to smuggle our own drink on board?' thread followed by lots of people giving tips and others telling others off for trying / even thinking of such things ;)

Are you looking at T&C’s that you can post please? The only thing I’ve seen is the advert I posted earlier which doesn’t give your explanation - only that you have till midnight day 2 to purchase.

In any event, regardless of the ruling, I’m happy to purchase given the obc we have offsetting the cost but thanks for the heads up.

The flyer that you yourself posted states what I said earlier and I stand by what I said that you might have until the 2nd day of the cruise to buy the package but you will be charged for the full cruise which it clearly states.

Love the comments from Caravan and Dai -- ;)

When the package becomes available across the fleet then there will no doubt be the 'Is it possible to smuggle our own drink on board?' thread followed by lots of people giving tips and others telling others off for trying / even thinking of such things ;)

Hands over eyes 🤣

I don't think I would ever buy a drinks package. If you are ill for a couple of days, or like my husband gets gout from time to time and doesn't drink, you've wasted your money. The only time we have had drinks included in the price was with Fred O. Free tips and tipples.

As the thread title suggests, it would be useful to have some practical views pros/cons from passengers who have actually purchased this package rather than speculation from some on how the package may benefit them in theory. ;)

Edited by P-L-B

As the thread title suggests, it would be useful to have some practical views pros/cons from passengers who have actually purchased this package rather than speculation from some on how the package may benefit them in theory. ;)

And the current bar prices would help!

I don't think I would ever buy a drinks package. If you are ill for a couple of days, or like my husband gets gout from time to time and doesn't drink, you've wasted your money. The only time we have had drinks included in the price was with Fred O. Free tips and tipples.

Hi, we were tempted to purchase a drinks package about 5 years ago on Celebrity but when we worked out how much we would drink we didn't bother and saved lots of money in the process. In the past on P&O there has been no need (but that's another thread so won't go there ;) )

This year for the first time we have a Classic AI Drinks Package with Celebrity 'included' in the price, so it will be interesting to see if we would make good enough use of a package in any cruise line in the future.