Do luggage tags need to be printed in color?

Cruisinmsk

I agree with all the above posters. That said, I always print the tags in color. I think the color tags make it easier to identify/sort and therefore reduces the risk of my suitcase being misplaced. That's just mho, I have zero actual knowledge to support that theory! :D

It's ok if they are in black. The colors are a help in sorting the luggage on the ship and getting it to the proper area of the ship to your cabin. The crew members sorting may not read English so well, hence the colors .

Don't worry, I've had plenty of someone's color coded luggage mis- sent to my cabin

It's ok if they are in black. The colors are a help in sorting the luggage on the ship and getting it to the proper area of the ship to your cabin. The crew members sorting may not read English so well, hence the colors .

Don't worry, I've had plenty of someone's color coded luggage mis- sent to my cabin

So the lesson here is print in black and white

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Carnival site states that monochrome printing is acceptable. Personal experience? Print in color if possible (find a local UPS Store or Kinkos or print shop). Makes the baggage easier to sort for the crew -- less chance of your bag ending up on the wrong deck.

We don't check our luggage 99% of the time. However, I still put a tag on everything just in case it were to get separated from me or if I were to decide to check it at the last minute. I also make a reduced copy to attach to my camera. When we are on the ship, I take the tag off my suitcase & put it on my string backpack that I take to the pool & beach. I use a ponytail elastic to attach. All this is in hopes that an honest person will turn it my stuff.

I assume you have down loaded your luggage tags already. Why not try sending the file to someone that can print the tags in color. If not you'll be fine. Have a great cruise.

The OP did not say they don't have color printer. Are there any B&W ptinters?

I sent mine to Office Max and had 8 copies printed for under $4. I figure it might help baggage handlers .... worth it to me for peace of mind. I will put 2 on each bag and have a couple extra. I will also laminate them with clear packing tape and attach them to the luggage with cable ties.

Ok maybe i am being cheep but always print 1 with documents and then color copy them at work or staples. Most Important thing do not put tags on luggage at home. Wait until your at the port. Have seen way to many people looking for assistants from ports because airlines knocked their tags off.

coevan, I think you are right. Those ink cartridges are pretty pricey.

So pricey that many new printers now come with "starter" ink cartridges that are only partially filled, because to provide full ink cartridges would increase the cost of the printer.

IMHO, managed ink services like HP EZ-ink are the way to go for most home users.

So pricey that many new printers now come with "starter" ink cartridges that are only partially filled, because to provide full ink cartridges would increase the cost of the printer.

IMHO, managed ink services like HP EZ-ink are the way to go for most home users.

Using a monochrome printer I spend about $20 a year in toner to print. We print quite a bit of stuff also. I can buy a 2 pack of toner though on Amazon for $20 and that will last us a year.

We used to print in color but once we switched we realized how much we really don't need the color. It's very rare we need anything printed in color. If we do, my wife just prints it at work. It's a HUGE savings for us.

Using a monochrome printer I spend about $20 a year in toner to print. We print quite a bit of stuff also. I can buy a 2 pack of toner though on Amazon for $20 and that will last us a year.

We used to print in color but once we switched we realized how much we really don't need the color. It's very rare we need anything printed in color. If we do, my wife just prints it at work. It's a HUGE savings for us.

That's all well and good when you have a job that allows you to print your personal prints using company equipment and ink. Or one that doesn't and no scruples.