[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:38 PM.
Toronto, Canada
1,081 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by zitsky
Walking around with cell phone in hand seems to make you a target of pickpockets. They could walk up and grab your phone.
Everyone in Europe is walking around with a cellphone in hand.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

AmaDara, Vietnam and Cambodia, 2017
Aegean Odyssey, Istanbul to Venice, 2015
Bike and Barge Holland, Bruges to Amsterdam, 2014
Uniworld, Vienna to Basel, 2011
Uniworld, Tulips and Windmills, Antwerp to Amsterdam, 2010
north america
81 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Is it easy to get from the Prague Hilton to Old Town? How good are street signs in Prague? I'd rather walk and enjoy the view than take the subway and possibly have to deal with pickpockets. I know, it could be a problem on the street, too.

I'm sure I can get directions from our hotel. Just wondering how easy it is to get around Prague.
We were at the Hilton Old Town last June. All you have to do is walk out of the hotel & walk to your right. Stroll easily for about 10 - 15 minutes, people watching, taking pictures etc & before you know it, you're there. Locals were friendly & spoke some English. Very safe at night. I'd walked to the Old Town one evening around 9 PM & returned to the Hilton around 10:30 PM with no problems.

Enjoy.
Raleigh, NC
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by foodpolice
We were at the Hilton Old Town last June. All you have to do is walk out of the hotel & walk to your right. Stroll easily for about 10 - 15 minutes, people watching, taking pictures etc & before you know it, you're there. Locals were friendly & spoke some English. Very safe at night. I'd walked to the Old Town one evening around 9 PM & returned to the Hilton around 10:30 PM with no problems.

Enjoy.
So I've been moved to a new hotel but I appreciate your story. How did you wander around Old Town without getting lost?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Viking Tor 9/2017, Romantic Danube
Viking Heimdal 9/2016, Lyon to Provence
north america
81 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
So I've been moved to a new hotel but I appreciate your story. How did you wander around Old Town without getting lost?
There is a huge plaza in old town & of course the astronomical clock is there. Just keep the clock or anyone of the many sites there as a landmark in your head or on your camera. Most if not all the streets you walk down away from the plaza will eventually lead you back to the plaza when you decide to turn around and walk back to the plaza area. Getting lost is the best way to explore the area. I'm sure your hotel will have a map of the area. As I mentioned before the locals are friendly & helpful. Just in case take a business card from the hotel, so you can at least show it to the local if you have to ask for directions.

Enjoy & don't fret too much.
229 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
We stayed at the Hilton you mention (not in Old Town). It was a doable walk. We asked the hotel to highlight the route for us. While the hotel food is good, it is very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Raleigh, NC
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by tango223
We stayed at the Hilton you mention (not in Old Town). It was a doable walk. We asked the hotel to highlight the route for us. While the hotel food is good, it is very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Did you choose to walk along the river, or take city streets?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Viking Tor 9/2017, Romantic Danube
Viking Heimdal 9/2016, Lyon to Provence