P&O Oceana cruise E809C change of itinerary

Leroy67

When we booked this cruise it was supposed to be visiting Ephesus but according to the P&O website it has substituted Rhodes yet P&O have not bothered to inform us. Has anyone else been informed of the change by P&O or are they trying to keep it a secret for as long as possible. I would like to know asap as we may want to cancel and book with TUI as they are still sailing to Ephesus. According to P&O's own booking conditions they are supposed to inform passengers asap but they seem to have overlooked this. I have sent a complaint to P&O two weeks ago and am still waiting for a response.

I'm surprised that you haven't been informed by P&O before this, as I think they've being avoiding Ephesus for over a year now. A cruise I went on on Aurora in autumn 2016 had Ephesus replaced by Rhodes and Sarande. It's presumably because of concerns about possible acts of terrorism in Turkey. I get the impression that P&O are more cautious than some other cruise lines when it comes to deciding where it's safe to visit.

Very, very surprised as we heard about this change ages ago - I remember starting a thread about it so will look back. We always thought that the change for Ephesus was always a possibility and are happy with the changes. If you booked through a TA then blame them as P&O write to them and they are supposed to tell you.

Have just found our thread below. We found out on the 28th October

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2558588

We were supposed to be visiting there next September on our Oceana cruise. We had a letter from our Cruise Agent several weeks ago saying P&O had advised them that because of the security issues we would now be going to Heraklion. It suits us as we've been to Ephesus but never to Crete. If you have booked through an agent it is their responsibility to inform you of any changes that they have been told about by P&O.

... I get the impression that P&O are more cautious than some other cruise lines when it comes to deciding where it's safe to visit.

I don't think it is just P&O. Many of the mass-market cruise lines are avoiding Turkey. I guess Thomson still go because they sell land-based holidays there too.

We were supposed to be visiting there next September on our Oceana cruise. We had a letter from our Cruise Agent several weeks ago saying P&O had advised them that because of the security issues we would now be going to Heraklion. It suits us as we've been to Ephesus but never to Crete. If you have booked through an agent it is their responsibility to inform you of any changes that they have been told about by P&O.

You have won out there, Heraklion much nicer than Ephasis IMO and lots of interesting things to see and do. I must admin that Rhodes is a trifle dull as a replacement but I would rather have a quiet day in Rhodes than be in Turkey right now, personally speaking.

You have won out there, Heraklion much nicer than Ephasis IMO and lots of interesting things to see and do. I must admin that Rhodes is a trifle dull as a replacement but I would rather have a quiet day in Rhodes than be in Turkey right now, personally speaking.

Rhodes dull !!! I am amazed as I just love every inch of the place. Rhodes town is just incredible and Lindos the place of my dreams. I liked Ephesus for the history (hate Kusadasi) but Rhodes is a much better place to visit for us and the change of location for the Greek Easter means that we can celebrate with the locals !.

Totally agree re the comments about Turkey at the moment. Very sad as I am sure that it is not good for the Turkish people caught up in all of this.

Just to clarify we booked on the P&O website (i.e. no agent) as we have done with all our cruises. Booked this cruise because it was one of the few going to Ephesus but it may end up being our last cruise with P&O as I cannot believe that they are ignoring my emails for so long.

Just to clarify we booked on the P&O website (i.e. no agent) as we have done with all our cruises. Booked this cruise because it was one of the few going to Ephesus but it may end up being our last cruise with P&O as I cannot believe that they are ignoring my emails for so long.

If you emailed the correct address they do operate a 21 or 28 day turnaround to reply (forget which).

As others have received emails stating details of the change..have you checked on your cp to state you are happy to be contacted by emails. have you checked your spam folder.

If all else fails give them a ring on the 0800 mentioned in the stickies at the top of the board and speak to them direct about why you have not been notified. Also discuss with them about cancelling. you will ofcourse lose your deposit. A change of port would not constitute a big enough change for them to let you cancel with no penalty.