What is a good price for an Italy/Croatia cruise on Windstar?

bobetpine

Hello,

I'm looking for a July/August 2018 "Classic Italy and Dalmatian Coast" cruise.

I've never cruised the Mediterranean sea before although I took 2 Caribbean cruises with Windstar before. I got free beverage package and on board credits on those 2 cruises.

Should I expect these perks on a Med cruise?

This 8 nights cruise is actually between 3500 and 4100$. What price would be a decent deal? Is that the usual price you have to pay for a Med cruise on Windstar on I could see a better deal in the next months, in your experience?

Thanks for any insight on the topic.

We took a Mediterranean cruise (Lisbon to Barcelona) on Star Legend last spring. Between September when we booked it and the sailing in May, I never saw any offers for on-board credit nor for a free beverage package. The price never went below what we booked it at. The sailing was fully booked so they didn't have a reason to lower the price. One of the Wind ships was doing the same cruise departing a few days before our sailing and the price on that one did go down. (The earlier date didn't work for us.)

Our fare was about $3200 pp for a balcony cabin on the 8-night sailing in May. The prices were considerably higher in July and August so what you have above doesn't sound out of line.

I think they have reduced their capacity in the Med for 2018. During July and August, the Wind Surf and Wind Star will be there. Star Legend is in Alaska instead.

You could wait to book to see if they do any 7 for 7 sales on the cruise you are interested in. The cruises I've been watching have gone on 7 for 7. Sometimes that is a big discount and sometimes only al slight price reduction. I assume it depends on how well the cruise is selling.

They have an OBC deal going but it isn't for the shorter cruises.

Hi, we took that cruise Venice to Rome the middle week of May on the Surf, the price was $2800 plus I received the 5% alumni discount. We get the least expensive cabins because we love being on the lowest deck. That was our 20 th cruise with WS and were offered a cabin up grade but we never take them. Sometimes if you reserve with different online travel agents you can get a $200 OBC or with specific credit cards it can be more. I do believe that July and August is the most expensive times. It is very hot then so we go shoulder season because my husband can not take the heat. It was a spectacular cruise in every way. Perfect weather. I did a review May 2017. I can not name agencies or credit cards on CC. Sstlulu@gmail.com if you need to know specifics. Reserving early you probably get better air rates, depending on occupancy the rates can change for the good and the worse. Enjoy you are in for a treat. Happy Sailing.

Windstar offers unique itineraries that do not sail every week. Very hard to compare prices that way. Like stated above, that is high season, you pay high season prices. Windstar prices are what they are. It is the experience and luxury of the small ship you are paying for. Book it, and if the price goes down before final payment, ask your travel agent to get the price adjusted. You will also need to buy your air asap as the rate will only go up. And hotel availability in the summer is limited. Book now before the availability goes down.

• 1 month later...